hasunoha

What do you think of the goal of life as “getting rid of pain and suffering”

My work, relationships, and health don't go well no matter what I do, and I'm in a state of trouble.
I'm a man, so I think I have to be more firm. I'm 35 years old this year, and I'm also impatient.

It's unlikely that the goal I'm thinking about will be fulfilled, so I'm going to set another new goal.
I think living is full of pain and suffering, so what do you think about “getting rid of that pain and suffering (reducing it as much as possible even if you can't get rid of it)”?
It's vague, but...

Thank you for your support.

3 Zen Responses

since he's a man... let's stop it

 I understand the feeling you want to say, “I'm already a man, so ○○.” So first, let's put it aside. It's natural that life isn't going well. That's because you think it's not going well. What is the state of things that are working well?
Is it income? Then it's wrong to ask the question here.
Are you a lover? Then it's wrong to ask the question here.
Do you have a strong body? Then please go to a medical facility or a sports gym.
The only thing I can talk about is a change of heart. If you can say it's not going well, you can say it because it's going well. This state of being alive right now is a state where life is going well. It's easy to do any number of things over. If you're not good at relationships, don't look for relationships in your current workplace; you should look for relationships elsewhere. No need to waste energy or money. If you demonstrate your power in a community you are good at and have fun, you will naturally gain confidence and goals. The workplace is a place where you can only earn income. I'm putting out money to fulfill my special skills. Never spend money at work. If social gatherings and lunch are optional, I can't go to work. Let's look at things broadly without depending on a specific location. You can do that now no matter how old you are.
Please feel free to ask questions as progress is made thereafter.

Life is painful

Once upon a time, Buddha said, “Life is painful.”
This is because as long as people are alive, the suffering of life, old age, illness, and death always accompanies them.
It can be said that how we can go from that world of suffering to a world without suffering is the most important theme in Buddhism.
If you have time, please do some research on the “Four Sisterns and Eight Shoshimichi,” it may be helpful.

In Buddhist teachings, there is a saying “affliction is bodhi.”
It is precisely because of pain, suffering, and hesitation that there is enlightenment and awareness.
It means.

Wintersweet also believes in her heart that her painful experiences up until now have never been in vain, and I want them to live today's day with care without being hasty or discouraged.

Why don't you try to get rid of one of your many afflictions?

 It's important to set the goal of “getting rid of the pain and suffering in life.”
However, before that, you said, “I think life is full of pain and suffering.” This is exactly the truth that Buddha said. Therefore, life is hard and painful no matter what happens.
And you're not alone. Me too, and so does everyone. That was the case with Shakyamah (Gautama Siddhartha) until enlightenment.
Nevertheless, the only way to live... is to notice the suffering of that life as a fact and acknowledge it as a fact.
If you have a feeling that life is fun and interesting depending on how you live, a direction to eliminate or reduce suffering will be born, but if you acknowledge that life is painful or difficult from the end, you can stop thinking like that. That makes it easier. It's a harsh way of saying things that can't be helped or changed even if you think about them, but the Buddhist way of thinking is to cut them down as useless.
It is probably true that you are suffering from various things, but there is no one other than you who can let go of your suffering.
It is nothing other than acknowledging suffering as suffering.
And let's search for the source of that suffering. It's troublesome, but there is no choice but to crush that anguish one by one. Also, please try to challenge the anguish “this may be possible to get rid of” with your own efforts and the cooperation of those around you.
All the Hasunoha monks are cheering for you...