hasunoha

If I do Zen and become mindless, when should I think about it?

Hello, I would like to ask a question for the first time.

I often hear that at temples such as Zen Buddhism, people meditate for hours every day. But if you spend hours doing Zen every day, when will you think about the world?

As the monk answered this question, I wonder if a monk needs preaching in order to save people. But if you do Zen and lose your mind, I wonder if I don't have time to think.

Or if you lose your mind, will one day be able to think really well?

I'm the type that thinks a lot, so when I meditate and lose my mind, I wonder if I'm just wasting my time, and I wonder if it makes sense to do Zen.

When does the monk who does Zen and has no heart think about the world?

2 Zen Responses

Nothing is not about not thinking

If you're on a computer, nothing means fiddling with the information you've received or moving your mouse, cursor, or pointer.
You probably weren't doing the thought yourself when it occurred.
Going through Dombraco 🍑 without touching it is a selfless heart, a heart that never cackles me, and is called mindlessness.

 We monks aren't the only ones zazen for ourselves. Also, as you are aware, zazen itself does not save others.

The teaching of Buddhism is that zazen meditation is very good, so I want everyone to do it. That's what the temple is for, and that's what it's a monk for.

You should try zazen, too.