hasunoha

Is it this hard to live day by day

I think it's really difficult to live every day. I've been reminded every day since I became a member of society.

I think it would be so difficult to maintain the status quo. If you let your guard down even for a moment, stop, or turn backwards, it feels like falling off a cliff. The world is scary. The world won't forgive you if you lose your mind even a little bit.

Human activities are very difficult unless you think about anything, be careless, or forget that you are alive.
I wake up at the same time every day, go to work, walk a tightrope to avoid trouble with others, always get results, and finally get money to live, so I can live every day.

They work hard every day in order to live, and as a result of their hardships, I am finally able to live like a human being. Repeat this until you die. Even if it's painful, I can't say it's painful.

It really reminds me how difficult it is to live every day. Is this what it's like to live? Everyone is having such a difficult time, and is that why they are living with the thought of dying?

3 Zen Responses

There is no replacement

I'm sorry for the late reply even though you wrote about your painful feelings.

As you said, I think living in this world is often very difficult and painful.
Of course, the depth of suffering will be different depending on each position and way of life, but everyone lives a life full of suffering, and the Buddha also said, “Life is painful.”

... I have a feeling that no matter what Buddhism explains, it doesn't resonate with the suffering of Mr. Revolver who ran out of bullets.

If you read the text, I can see that they are very serious people, and even if “everyone lives a difficult life,” they are working in a difficult industry.

It may be difficult, but please continue along that path somehow.
But if it becomes too painful, please have the courage to turn your back.

There is no irreplaceable “social” person. The world won't end even if the president, the king, and the prime minister are gone.

However, for those who care about you, there is no one who can take your place.

A revolver out of bullets

This is Kawaguchi Hidetoshi. This is a humble answer to the question.

One of the four statutes is “all suffering.” Our typical suffering is the Eight Struggles of life, old age, sickness, death, love separation, grudge and hate, unrequited suffering, and five suffering, and the Buddha's ascetic practice began with the question of what exactly we should do to escape from this suffering.

Then, Buddha attained enlightenment and explained the state of that suffering, the cause of that suffering, how to destroy that suffering, the practices to destroy suffering, and the “Four Sacred Pillars” of suffering, gathering, destruction, and the road.

Mr. Revolver knows that right now, when faced with the reality of “suffering,” is a good opportunity to receive a “Buddha relationship” in order to find clues to how to escape that “suffering” and find clues to the solution.

Even if it's impossible right now, you can start by praying at a temple in between, and from there, for example, try attending a zazen or puja session if you're interested, read books related to Buddhism little by little, and if you search for any amount about Buddhism on the internet, it will come up, so you can search for words and meanings you don't understand, or make use of places where you can ask questions directly about Buddhism, such as “Hasunoha,” etc. Meanwhile, I recommend that you take the opportunity to gradually become involved with the Buddha.

I would be very happy if Mr. Revolver, who ran out of ammunition, could gradually go through practices to destroy “suffering” due to “Buddha Ends” from now on.

Kawaguchi Hidetoshi Gassho

The world is thankful, but nothing loses itself as much as the world

Nice to meet you. My name is Watanabe Motojo from Shorenji Temple in Izu.

“The world is thankful, but nothing loses itself as much as the world”

These are words my father, who passed away 10 years ago, often uttered during his lifetime. My father was also the chief priest of the temple and kindergarten director, and lived while being taken care of by local people (while looking at their faces). I'm sure I've had the opportunity to lose sight of my personality a few times because I was worried from time to time and worried about the state of the world.

If you overdo it so that you have a good face and do a good job without risk... in order to get a good evaluation at the company, you'll be physically and mentally exhausted, right? When it reaches an extreme state, “I wonder if this is OK...” I'm sorry for the feeling of looking down and stopping.

However, that may also be a relationship (timing). The teaching of Buddhism begins where you stop. Both Buddha, who became enlightened under the Bodhi tree, and Shinran Shonin, who practiced for 20 years at Mount Hiei, are people who stopped their penance and stopped.
When we stop (when we've stopped until now), we just look around, and we tend to try to change our surroundings, but it still seems essential to focus on our own inner world and feelings.

The characteristic of the teachings of the Jodo Shinshu sect is not self-power (own effort) but other power (Buddha's effort).

Baby monkeys become lonely if they don't hold on to their parent monkey through their own efforts. However, when it comes to baby cats, the parent cat just sucks their neck, and the kittens just meow.

Parent cat “Where are you ~? I'm going over there ~ stay there ~ you can leave it as you are ~” Buddha's wish
Kitten “I'm here!” Nembutsu responds to it

It's “hard” to live while continuing to exert one's own strength.
If you notice that you are being utilized in other powers, your way of looking at the world may also “change drastically.”