hasunoha

It's like watching Gaki

Tokyo will welcome Obon. Please let me talk about my relatives. I can't go into details, but this is a pretty troubled person.
In the past, I left my parents' inheritance unattended by saying “I don't know how to do it,” etc., and kept stock dividends, preferential vouchers, etc. sent in the name of my parents without sharing them with my younger brother. The next inheritance occurred, and it became an exchange with me, but after preparing documents by telling a lie to the financial institution that “I will inherit everything,” they gave completely different explanations to me, and they were uncooperative, such as not sending necessary documents.
In spite of searching for money at home even before the funeral, reminders were sent here for hospitalization expenses and funeral expenses. When it comes to memorial services, I do not do anything for which I am the client, nor do I participate. This time, too, payment of expenses related to inheritance has been postponed. As for memorial services and various payments, the reason is work, etc., but I take time off to play.
Conversely, strangely enough, when we receive what we should have received, we complain about trivial matters and get bothered.
I think it means that they have repeated situations where they didn't share what should be separated or lied because of their desire for money and self-preservation. Furthermore, even though they have received assets over 100 million, they seem to be concerned about what they can receive and what they will pay, and they are searching for things that have already been completed.

People around me say I don't need to take care of them that much, and it's about time for me
I'm mentally limited.

It makes me think about this person when I read the Gaki Jikyo etc. during the Obon festival. In the sutras, Gaki asks for memorial services, Buddha teaches his disciples how to do memorial services, honors and virtuous people respond to it, turn their merits, and Gaki are saved.

It's still easy to reach out to people who are in an unhappy situation with donations, etc. in Buddhism, but what should you do when people like this are close to you?
Please tell me if there are any teachings in Buddhism, and if there are any opinions of monks.

3 Zen Responses

In the past and now, Gaki is the inner hungry heart of a human being

Every human being has a “heart to love” themselves.
This sense of self-love changes in various ways on people.
Also, the level, degree, and manner of expression differ from person to person.
Narcissists, their egocentric humanity, and selfishness are all devious.
Or the bizarre, cruel and outrageous psychopath mentality and narcissistic obsessive temperament are all called hungry demons.
We haven't seen any other hungry ghosts. I think so.
War, crime, outrage, and the work of demons that cannot be described as humans called the Gakkai or Animal Realm.
Demons that are truly hungry only exist in the hearts of living people in this world.
Therefore, offering a memorial service to a hungry demon does not just mean offering a memorial service to a hungry demon, a beast, and a demon ghost that jumps and jumps. It is also performed as a symbolic act, but in reality, all life in this world has a heart of love for oneself. omission. I want it. I will do it.
The ignorance, delusion, and persistence of not being able to discern the truth of the present self, which is made up of relationships between self, other beings, and other effects, should be called a hungry devil. And it is only when there is a spirit to face it that it is possible to truly offer memorial services for hungry demons and hungry spirits. Only people who can face that deep psychology and their own inner demon hunger act as Bodhisattvas and mentors who help the world and sentient beings. Why do people seek faraway salvation by treating them as someone else's affairs?
Just as it is the duty of every household to make sure that the small fire that comes out of the house does not cause a fire before it becomes a big fire, there is no true peace of mind for humans without being able to contain their inner heart and the flame of selfishness that comes out of the home.
For example, if you want to put down that person's fire, there are several ways.
one thing. I will calm my inner fire.
That person is like this, this is how it gets stuck. When it comes to where that flame comes from, it's in my inner mind. No matter how much I hate others, the flames of dislike grow in me. So, speaking of whether it should be left unattended, dictators also become tyrants who will torment the world if left alone. Therefore, the “spirit of good guidance,” which guides all the principles of the human world to a supreme heart, is the Bodhicitta mind, and it is the spirit of sentient beings. That mentality is not someone else's matter, but our lives. It's something we should start with as our own. Therefore, Obon built a pagoda as a memorial tower for that vow. It's definitely not a form. It's a good idea to set up Bodhicitta and Doshin as a family and seek the path of salvation together.

I wonder if I should look back at people's faces and turn myself around again...

I read it.
There are people like that in the secular world. There are people in the world who only assert their own selfish rights and don't do anything good or what should be done.
I think he really has a poor heart. I don't know about those people's work, but I think one day there will probably come a time when they are so greedy and deeply regret losing really important things and connections through their own thoughts, words, and actions, and I think there will come a time when they will suffer for themselves.
Every human being will have to face such acts when they are about to die, and they will have to leave everything they have received, deceived, and taken from this world.

It is at such times that the Buddha will appear in front of that person and offer various peace of mind, save him, and guide him.

Even so, if you don't look back on your work, if you don't have any remorse, regret, or repentance, that person will continue to circulate forever due to your own work. You'll never achieve true peace of mind or successful attainment of Buddhism unless you stay attached to what you have to let go of and stay away from selfishness.

I wonder if it's “look at people's faces and look back on yourself”...

How about you? Why don't you take your time and think about it. If you only follow the Buddha's teachings, how do you think, and how is it good to live?

There is no curse in Untouched Gagi

Wouldn't it be better to go with that attitude?
It seems that there are four main types of Gaki. I forgot the detailed classification, but I wrote it somewhere in “Gaki-ji Sutra” or somewhere in a paper on “Gaki-ji.” I think you can search for it on “Fujimoto Akira” on the internet, which collects Japanese papers called CiNii.
There are only some of the four types that come from humans asking for memorial services.
I'm not interested in humans or other lives, and I'm suffering from the same problems round and round by myself; is that suffering nourishing? vitality? There are also hungry ghosts that have become.
There are also hungry ghosts who are very angry and don't like humans or other life entering or approaching their territory. (The reason people feel scared at haunted spots is probably because such hungry ghosts are desperately trying to keep them away.)
After all, there isn't much change in the darkness and secrecy of the hearts of Gakki and humans. If you know your own faults and honestly ask for help, that's pretty good, but if you live only for your own convenience, you have no choice but to stay away without being swayed. There is also meaning in helping if the other person's heart changes for the better, but if you don't feel like that, I think there is no choice but to do it dry with give and take. If you want a parent's assets, etc., I think there is no choice but to insist that that person should take care of the parent.