hasunoha

What does it mean to be like

The kindergarten was a temple of the Jodo sect.

I got a small statue of “Nono-sama” at kindergarten,
It was displayed at home.

But when I think back, I still think about “Nonosama”
There's something I'm not sure about.

For me, the image is like a “child Buddha”... what is it originally like?

3 Zen Responses

Nonnononno-sama Buddha

In Buddhist gardens, cute kids sing, don't they

Originally, is a word that describes something precious.

Buddha, gods, light, and water are like natural things on the earth.

It seems that even in the Ainu language, the word nonno is similar.

If it were a garden of the Jodo sect, it would probably be Amida.

Baby words

I've heard that these are Buddha's baby words, like boo a meal or boo a car.
probably
Namu Nanmu → Namunamu → what → non non →

or
Kannon → Kannon → Non Non →
I think so.

These are the lyrics to “The Song of the Sea.”

① Non no no no sama hoke-sama
My favorite girl Asama's
Gently like a daze
I want to get in touch with you, Hoke-sama

② Non no no no sama hoke-sama
My favorite son's
Firmly like a head
I want to try it out, Hoke-sama

③ Non no no no sama hoke-sama
When you give them a good face
I can see the song twinkle and sparkle
Goko no Hikaru Hotoke-sama