hasunoha

About teaching materials for learning religion

If there are any good introductory books on the three major religions, including Buddhism, please let me know.

3 Zen Responses

Depending on the purpose, I recommend “World Religions” by Hideo Kishimoto.

 For now, if you want to know an overview and current state of religion, it's probably “[Illustrated] Ikegami Akira's Book to Understand World Religions in an Interesting Way” by Akira Ikegami. However, Ikegami Akira is not an expert on religion. As a journalist, they are excellent at gathering information and are excellent at organizing information, so they may be more accurate than scholars about the current state of world religions, but you should read it as an introduction until you get tired of it.
If you want to learn from the viewpoint of religious studies to some extent, it's a somewhat old book, but I think “World Religions” by Hideo Kishimoto would be good. The author is Hideo Kishimoto (editor. (Authors) Takagi Kiyoko, Yanagawa Keiichi, Tamaru Tokuyoshi, Matsumoto Shigeru, Matsumoto Koichi, Hirai Naofusa, and Wakimoto Heiya are from the Department of Religion at the University of Tokyo.

Principles of Religion by Komuro Naoki

The book I recommend is this one.
“Principles of Religion for Japanese People How Religion Can Help You” Komuro Naoki

http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_01902263.html

For the most part, there are many introductory books that contain the doctrines and history of each religion
In this book, “What is religion?” is written for “Japanese people.”

Language has created the human world, so since I was born and raised in Japan
I have a strong sense and recognition as a Japanese person.

Therefore, it is not a list of knowledge, but the origins of religion itself and comparisons with other religions
It is the first time we come to an understanding.

In that sense, I recommend this book.
Of course, it will also deepen your understanding of Buddhism.

It depends on what you want to know, but...

It's an introductory book, but if it's a book where you can roughly understand the differences, it has been published by the Ikkosha Social Study Group
“The most gentle! A Book Understanding the World's Three Major Religions - Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam”
I think the book called is simply classified and easy to understand.
Technically speaking, in the fine part, there are parts that need some supplementation, but I think it's well-made as an extremely elementary introduction.

This book was written from a slightly different point of view, but it was written by Miya Abe, “Comparative Religious Studies” published by Dai Horinkaku, which was used as a text for the Open University in the past.
What is interesting about this book is that Jews, Christ, and Islam are grouped together as one monotheistic tradition and are classified into three categories: “Indian religion” and “East Asian religion,” and their origins, differences in ethnic thought, and their social backgrounds are compared in detail.
If you read another religious book with this book in one hand, you may be able to take it in a different way.

I recommend it.