hasunoha

I have to laugh

Today is my second birthday since my friend passed away. From Facebook etc. Today is ◯◯'s birthday! I get a message saying. I can't stop crying every time I look at it.
However, I have a part-time job serving customers, so I have to laugh. There are no people, so I can't even take a day off.
I practice smiling, and even if I can laugh, I wonder why I can laugh so much.
How should I try?
Please help.

3 Zen Responses

Learn from your own body

There are places where people value their thoughts too much.
You're probably assuming that your thoughts and heart are who you are. I lost a friend or family member, and it makes me sad when I think about it. That's probably it. However, when it comes to 24 hours a day, there are probably times that aren't.

In Buddhism, we learn how our eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and body work. The eye simply shows the way it is facing; it does not show what it looks like 1 second ago or 1 second later, but only what it looks like now. There are no leftovers. It doesn't drag on. There's no past there.
The ears are the same. The sound is the same at that time, and so are the words. Everyone has the same scent, taste, and what they feel with their bodies.

My thoughts are actually the same. Only when you remember it, and if you leave it alone, it will disappear so beautifully and without a trace of Paris that you won't even notice that it has disappeared.
When I'm at work, I can smile if I just do that ^ ^
There are no bereaved families who cry all the time, even at vigils and funerals. I sometimes smile because of how I was at that time, and I also laugh out loud when talking about my memories. People are like that.
If you live the situation in front of you right now, you'll be able to complete your work. You can also smile naturally ^ ^

Don't overdo it

Dan-sama

This is Kawaguchi Hidetoshi. This is a humble answer to the question.

There is something really painful when you see that the accounts of those who died on Facebook remain as they are...

When it comes to remembering people who passed away, I can understand leaving an account...

There are things that are painful like birthday notifications...

If possible, it seems that it is possible to prevent notifications from coming by making it a memorial account. Remembrance settings are also explained in the Facebook help center. It seems that if you let Facebook know that a user has passed away, they will get a memorial account.

As for the memorial account, if you can afford it, please remember your friends first, join hands, and cherish the day you wanted to live today, and I hope you can adjust your feelings a little bit.

You can't overdo it. It's not a robot. People with emotions can sometimes be unable to smile. It doesn't matter if you don't be rude.

I would like to extend my condolences to my late friend.

Kawaguchi Hidetoshi Gassho

“Cheers” by Naomi Chiaki

Hello.

I would like to express my condolences for the passing of my friend.

I also haven't deleted my deceased friend's cell phone address book or line history. It makes me think, “Maybe they'll be contacted.”

It's an old song, so you may not know it, but there is a song called “Cheers” by the singer “Chiaki Naomi.” (The impersonator Korokke often impersonates me)
This song is about me singing a love song here even though a loved one has passed away.
This appears to be a poem based on a true story.

I thought it was very similar to your current situation, so I introduced it.

No matter how sad I am, I have no choice but to switch jobs and go on with a smile. Instead, let's cry a lot when we're alone.