hasunoha

Do you have a lotus flower?

I'm sorry for the silly content
I'm a little curious, so I'll ask you a question
Once upon a time when I was in elementary school, when monks and mothers were talking at a temple
It seems that they said to me, “This child has lotus flowers”
I don't remember that time
I forgot what I was talking about...

What does it mean to have a lotus flower?
I'm really sorry for this question,
Please answer even in your spare time.

3 Zen Responses

Myōhō Renge

I'm sure you are living in a pure state without being stained by the mud of the past, like a lotus flower, which means you have the power to eventually lead the world to peace and happiness.
Use your powers in any form, so please help someone.
Also, everyone who has seen this has a lotus flower.
Don't hate the sludge of past worries, and let the flower of great happiness and peace bloom as Bodhi's energy.
Lotus flowers bloom from mud, and just like we don't get stained with the color of mud, it seems like we are unattached and unattached, where no one has left painful experiences from the past in our mind and body anymore.
Even in a world where people hate each other, there are times when we just dig up our memories over and over again and look back on them.
Living with thoughts is dealing with negative memories and negative visions of the future, and it's not really living in the present.
The negative quagmire of the past and future has been mixed all the time, and the present is not blooming, and the present has been lost sight of.
People who don't know this reason are people who still have lotus flowers in their hands but aren't aware of it.
However, every human being has a lotus flower.
The lotus is a symbol of impermanence, selflessness, and nirvana.
Since any suffering in the past is an “impermanent act” as explained by Shakyamuni, the flower of the present bloomed without leaving anything of the past behind, and is being saved.
That is the true meaning of impermanent conduct.
Also, since they are selfless, nothing belongs to anyone, they are not owned by anything, and they are free. Both lotus flowers and their own body and mind themselves are impermanent, selfless, and at peace, nirvana because they are separated from human thoughts, wishes, and desires.
That is the Buddhist language of flowers attached to lotus flowers.
It can be said that the negative perspective of Japanese Buddhists was the biggest misunderstanding of Japanese Buddhists that they scattered and withered because their actions were impermanent.
The true lotus flower, impermanence is a law of salvation where everyone always ends their past and is saved.
Those who have been properly awakened to this logic truly have Myōhō Renge.
It's up to me to make those flowers bloom, to fall back on your mind and reason, and not to let them bloom as buds.

Born to be a Buddha

Man is a Buddha by birth. They say they are enlightened.

Isn't that exactly what a lotus flower is? They are not steeped in thoughts, thoughts, worries, or suffering, and they already have an eye for discerning the truth. Whether you can notice that or not. Are you trying to notice it?
That's important.

Please be a person who can clearly see the truth without being fooled by your thoughts. Your lotus flower will probably open at that time.

A pure heart

I have a lotus flower.
That's a good word.

In Buddhism, Buddha often rides on a lotus flower stand, called a lotus stand.

So why a “lotus flower”?

You'll often see lotus flowers blooming in ponds and swamps.

The surface of the water where lotus flowers are blooming looks beautiful, but the bottom of ponds and swamps is full of cloudy mud.

The root of a lotus flower, or lotus root (lotus root), takes root firmly in deep, cloudy mud and grows strongly.
Also, no matter how muddy the water is, those clean, large flowers bloom.

Buddha compared this world full of desires for sentient beings to a “muddy pond.”

Then, we compared becoming a Buddha to a “lotus flower,” saying, “No matter how much the world is full of worries and desires, beautiful flowers bloom without being stained by it.”

I'm sure that monk saw the child and felt something as pure as a lotus blooming beautiful flower even from inside the mud.

I think he said “you have a lotus flower” in the sense of “you have a pure heart.”

That's great.

Please feel free to nurture your child's beautiful heart.