hasunoha

Do you live for others or for yourself

I'm in my second year of high school. I'm worried about my future dreams.
I've always wanted to work as an interpreter. However, when I had an interview with my homeroom teacher the other day, I was told that the job of interpreting was too small if I went to the level of the school I was aiming for. There are many more possibilities.
When I was little, I wanted to get a job where I could do my best for others. This is because I thought living for people was a good thing to do. However, since I grew up, many questions have arisen.
Is it good to work for others?
What does it mean to do your best for others?
Why is there discrimination in this world?
Will my efforts change the world?
As I thought about it, I lost my true goal.
I liked English, and I was vaguely longing for a job as an interpreter, but I was very confused when I was told that I could have bigger dreams. Should I choose a job that works for others?

Why are humans born into this world and ruling this world? I think humans are terrible creatures that destroy animals and plants. Maybe they don't like humans. While thinking that way, I don't understand why people say that a job dedicated to others is great. However, when I see people who are discriminated against on the news, etc., I also feel that I want to save them.

I'm sorry that the sentences aren't organized.
Please teach me so that I can clear up this mess even a little bit.

3 Zen Responses

Always remember to have a constructive conversation with yourself.

I think it's a wonderful way of thinking about being able to live by thinking of doing my best for people.
Currently, however, I feel guilty about taking a different path, but I'm not guilty of anything.

In Buddhism, there is a word called middle path (chudo).
Simply translated, it means that if you seek too much pleasure or too much hardship, your life will be ruined.
In short, it means that living in a good way is the most favorable.

If you think roughly about whether to do her best or pursue possibilities right now, Nanako may be caught up in the two extremes of thought.

It's good to serve people.
Even if you seek possibilities and push forward with your life, it will eventually benefit the world.
Originally, serving others is an act or thought that doesn't ask for anything in return.
I don't know if your efforts will change the world.
However, as long as it is a way of trying to contribute, no matter what position Nanako is in, there will be people who can be saved.

You are in the midst of confusion right now, but please look at your current lost self and live honestly.
People's thoughts are in constant flux.
It's an extreme story; it's okay to be judged after you're in your 30s and 40s.

The other day, while walking in the mountains, I came across an abandoned cat that was about to die.
Countless flies have stopped at the cat, and there is no way to save them anymore.
I gave them water for the last days, read the sutras, and left the scene.
There was some frustration, but...
It's cruel, but if you don't eat cat meat, flies can't live.

Caterpillars also eat camellia leaves and leave them completely naked.
However, if you don't do that, the caterpillars won't be able to live.

People are the same.
Humans are not the only sacred beings.

Right now, I have no choice but to face my honest feelings and do the best I can.
Nanako is concerned about “discrimination,” but there are countless ways to approach it.
Please find something.
I'm also doing the best I can.

Last but not least, I want to live a way of life where I appreciate all food.
That's because we're being kept alive by food.

Please use yourself

I read it.
I sincerely hope that you will live well for yourself, for others, and for everything around you.

We don't live alone. I have received so many lives, I have so much support, and I am nurtured and lived by so many things.

If you live only for your own selfishness, you will sacrifice others, and what you end up with is ruin.
You will destroy others, and you will also destroy yourself.

It's great that you can use your power for others.
As you set your own goals and grow, further new horizons will come into view, and hopes and goals will emerge.
Please use yourself for yourself, for others, and even for everything around you.

I sincerely pray to your ancestors that you will flap your wings into the future, grow healthy in mind and body, and live rich and happy days with all of you.

And I wholeheartedly support you.
Please keep your head up and do your best!
Everyone, starting with your ancestors, is supporting you!

Self-interest and altruism

Nanako-sama

This is Kawaguchi Hidetoshi. This is a humble answer to the question.

When we try to uniformly judge things based on public values, we often worry that they contain contradictions.

“My dad was killed by a guy called a volunteer.” I wonder if you've read it before. There are a lot of things that make me think.

http://www.nwtc.jp/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/H26.11.20-staff-meeting.pdf

Well, in the world of things, discrimination inevitably occurs.

However, there is no discrimination against Buddha's things.

The purpose is to equally save all sentient beings and affectionate beings that exist in this world, such as you, poor children, all humans, and animals.

A path for oneself to be saved, and for all others to be saved.

I want to walk through Buddhism with the aim of self-interest and other successful fulfillment.

By all means, I would be grateful if you could take this opportunity to learn about Buddha's Monosashi in the future.

Kawaguchi Hidetoshi Gassho