hasunoha

cruel and kind grandmother

No matter what, it's getting painful.
Actually, I haven't written a thank you to the monk who answered my previous question yet. Before I wrote my best thank you, I experienced unbearable suffering. Thanks for the previous question, please wait. I'm also prepared to scold him.

As I've written many times, I grew up with a father who took abuse as a joy in history, and a mother who watched on the sidelines, didn't help at all, and fortunately abused myself. Which should be blamed originally, abusive parents or abused children? Isn't it an abusive parent who should be scolded out loud? But I was forever criticized by my relatives.

This time it's about my mother's grandmother. My grandmother knew it was happening at home. From the time I was born, I knew in detail that my grandson rants violently and lives on the battlefield. My father locked me in the bath at my grandmother's house when I was one year old.

But my grandmother never helped. In short, just like my mother. All my relatives are pretending not to see it. When I was brought to Kagoshima, I desperately complained. That they are being abused by both their father and mother. My grandmother repeated. “It can't be helped,” “it can't be helped,” “there's nothing I can do about it,” “because I'm eating it.”
Then, I'm going to visit my grandson calmly to Kanto.

I didn't have any questions about what my grandmother had done for a while. But one day, anger suddenly started to creep in.
When parents use violence against their children, or when children are simply abused, what is “unavoidable”, “irresistible” and “nothing can be done”?!
My grandmother was in a position to save. He was very wealthy. Is there a law where parents can do anything to their children if they are fed them? If you're doing food, you're better off being violent, and kids should be thankful for that? I'm not kidding! My grandmother and relatives, blame me, blame me, they are my father's accomplices; they are criminals! I was furious.

My grandmother didn't help me at all, and she still doesn't look at me.
However, my grandmother always sends me letters, birthday cards, and money on my birthday. With beautiful letters, with cute letters. All envelopes to hold congratulatory money are handmade, and are always beautifully bound. I haven't been in touch in years. However, when I think about my grandmother's feelings of celebrating every year to her grandson, who doesn't get in touch with her at all, my heart seems to break down. Should I forgive my grandmother? Should we meet or talk?

3 Zen Responses

Don't you want to forgive, meet, and talk?

Hiro-san
It is said that I write it over and over again, but I have no choice but to write it over and over again.
The one to blame is not the abused child, but the abusive parent.

And as for my maternal grandmother, my grandmother knew the facts of abuse. And every time we met, they asked for help, but “it can't be helped,” “there's nothing I can do about it,” and “because I'm being fed.” I calmly saw them off to Kanto, and they didn't help me.
My grandmother was in a position to save, and even though she was well-off, she didn't help me. It's no wonder you're blaming and furious.
Also, my grandmother didn't help me at all from abuse, and although she still pretends not to see, she always sends me letters, birthday cards, and money on her birthday. With beautiful letters, with cute letters. All envelopes to hold congratulatory money are handmade, and they are always beautifully bound. Every year, I send congratulations to my grandson who hasn't been in touch at all even though I haven't been in touch with him in years. How should we accept this fact?
My grandmother didn't look away without hesitation; she was probably in distress. And even now, I constantly care about Hiro-san.

“Should I forgive my grandmother? Should we meet or talk?” That is to be said,
Doesn't Hiro-san want to forgive, meet, and talk to her grandmother? Then tell them what you want to say. What kind of message is that? One is that I wanted help, and the other was a feeling of gratitude, wasn't it?

Why don't you write your thoughts

I read it.
I read Your Suffering, Hatred, and Resentment.
You've been treated like that until now, and people around you haven't been able to help you. That's a big crime, isn't it? I think what you said is true.
I understand your feelings.

Are you currently taking care of your safety? Are you able to escape from situations where you are harmed, violent, abusive, or abused? First of all, your personal safety comes first, so please take a good look at that.
You're probably right to be angry at your grandmother. I don't know why all of your relatives pretend not to see, but even so, leaving such abusive behavior unattended is the same crime, isn't it?
Why don't you write your thoughts clearly in a letter.
Then take a close look at that letter, and if you want to convey that thought, why not send it to your grandmother.
I don't know how this is going to happen.
I don't know if they can change their minds, but I think it's better than not.
I think it is necessary to clearly convey the feelings of those of you who are suffering.

Maybe there may be a reaction to that.
If possible, please send out that letter once and see how things go.
And we might meet up after that, so I think it's okay if we talk carefully at that time. There must have been various things up until now.

Nonetheless, it would be a waste to burn your obsession only about that and spend it in resentment and anger.
Your life is about to move on.
The past must be delimited as the past.
Anger and resentment are nothing. As a result, it harms your life.

Please take good care of your life.
I sincerely pray that you can live a happy life from now on so that your future opens up richly.

Everything is due to the father.

is that so...
Treat yourself like that from the age of 1.
It's cruel.

“It can't be helped”
It sounds like they don't save people around them, but they think it can't be helped.

“I'm getting them to eat”??
They're probably “abusing them.”

By nature, children must be given to them by their parents.
However, in the case of Hiro's family, this has been reversed.
Hiro has satisfied his parents.

Grandma didn't save me.
You close your heart, and even though you've already shunned them, they treat you politely and kindly.
That wasn't what I was really looking for, but even so, I have a self that moves my heart when treated kindly.
It's going to be confusing.
It must be painful.

Originally, I think they wanted to honestly say they wanted to meet.
It's fine even now, so I think I want them to be on your side.
However, if you become honest, you may be afraid that you will deny who you have been until now.

I don't write about what to do.
I don't dare write it.
This is because I only know a small amount of the hellish suffering you have endured over a long period of time.

The only thing I want to tell you is that if your father wasn't that kind of father, your feelings for your grandmother would have been different.