hasunoha

What is mourning or defamation...

Please tell me more about mourning and bereavement.

My grandmother passed away recently.
I'm planning to get married next year, but I'm thinking about whether it's okay to say hello and make a report.

My opponent is a deputy chief priest and local public servant of the Otani school of Shinshu, but my mother says it doesn't matter.

Please give me some advice on what you think.

3 Zen Responses

It's fine.

In the Jodo religion, death occurs in the Pure Land of Amida Nyorai.

It's a precious thing.

So, it's not just a funeral, it's a farewell ceremony.

I'm definitely going to pass away.

It's okay, please go ahead with the conversation.

The meaning of a woman getting married

A woman is an entity recognized by her ancestors at the place of marriage that this woman will surely connect her to the future.
You've formed a relationship with a Shinshu temple, so there's no doubt about it if you follow your matrimony's mother.
----------
The year after the death of a relative, we usually apologize for “New Year's (congratulations) greetings.”
I don't think it's disrespectful (especially to your parents' house) to say congratulations except for New Year's greetings once the 49th day, that is, when you do your best to pay tribute to the dead without looking at anything else.

That's because the world and the Jodo Shinshu are quite different.

 At the end of the year, you will receive a postcard saying “Please refrain from making New Year's greetings due to mourning.” Certainly, the death of a family member or relative must be sad and lonely. But is this the opposite of living in the new year? Since my relatives have died, the fact that we must not celebrate the new year means that my relatives and I are unclean by death, and they are abhorred when dealing with others. I wonder what New Year's card leaves the family that became your ancestors out of the group.

If the Shinto idea of “mourning,” which abhors death, is mixed with the grief of bereavement, you will miss the relationship of watching “death” closely, and only “life” becomes life. Death is sad, but if we awaken to the reason that life and death are impermanent, “death” will also become us. Life is a coincidence, death is inevitable. When you run out of relationships with Shaba and end up without strength, you should go to his place. “Even if you celebrate the beginning of the age of Aratama, don't forget the heart of Namu Amida Buddha (Rennyo Shonjin)”

In the first place, mourning is due to an old law called the Mourning Order, and a pretty tough lifestyle is required during the mourning period. Today, no one lives a normal life of mourning. I can understand the feeling of not being able to celebrate the beginning of the year, but instead of a mourning postcard, wouldn't it be a good idea to at least issue a New Year's greeting while informing about the death of a relative with “thank you for the end of the year” or “cold weather,” and tell them that you are disrespecting New Year's cards. I thought of such a draft.

[Example sentence] “I would like to express my sympathy during the cold season. Last year, △△ passed away in the Pure Land of Anyang at the age of □. I was also aware that I should refrain from saying greetings in accordance with the righteousness of the secular path, but for those who have received the great suffering of Nyorai as Aki followers, I have been told that bereavement is a matter of tears, but death is by no means abominable, but simply a passing point, so I would like to say New Year's greetings. “It is difficult to have a life in the human world, and it is difficult for those who should eventually die to have a life now (Dharma Sutra)”
If I'm being rude, please forgive me. As we go back through the year this year, I would like to continue the history of the club while saying nembutsu. We look forward to working with you again this year. ”