hasunoha

On religion...

I'm sorry for your busy schedule.

My parents belong to a certain religion.
Always before the Buddhist altar in the morning
If something happens, I always report it to the Buddha.
do you work for things that happen? I'm scolded for chanting.
My grandmother and all the religious people around me say it.

However, even though I'm being rude, I feel that religion is stinky, and I can't help it. I rather hate it.
Sometimes, if you say hard work, you can pray for world peace with just that
You say you can get rid of karma from a previous life... or put it on credibility...

What should I do?
Should we learn from our parents and believe in that religion?
Or should I be prepared to get into a fight with my parents and say it clearly?

3 Zen Responses

It's about learning a lot

Why is it worth believing, and what exactly is so good about people who believe?
It's best to learn that carefully before making a decision.
The attitude of using your imagination a lot and not punishing those who are suspicious will surely be on your side in your future life.

You'd better follow it now, postscript

It would be nice if only monks wrote the name of their religion on their public profile.

Anyway, even if you fight with your family, it won't do anything, so it's better to obey as much as you can while living together.

Please do your proper research on the doctrines of that religion.
If it's not a dangerous religion, I don't think you have to hate it.

Religion is personal freedom, so it doesn't matter what you believe in.
But I want to avoid fighting.
Depending on your religion, you may believe in both your family's religion and the religion you believe in.
Or, you may get married and join your husband's religion.

Keep quiet now, and I hope you learn about Buddhism by yourself.

appending
I know people from that denomination, too.
That person is a very nice person.
It's easy to think that people are being solicited too much or that they are aggressive towards other denominations, but in the end, I think it's different for each person.
Trust what you think is good, and keep a low profile of what you think is not good.
It would be a good idea to interact with your family then.
Of course, learning about Buddhism in general is a good thing, so keep going.

religions

It's a difficult problem...

A zealous heart is wonderful, but when it comes to being forced...
I feel like I understand that Rintaro will feel uneasy going forward.

I have had similar consultations several times in the past.
In my case, the woman brought her marriage partner to her parents for the first time. When you meet, buy a Buddhist altar and worship!
I say that. It seems like they were pretty enthusiastic parents,
She had a hard time and was conflicted.

But with my boyfriend's understanding, I managed to persuade my parents!?
Let's do it. It was fine and we got married.

What I was able to give my advice was not to deny the family first, but to show an attitude of understanding, to the family
I calculated how much money my life would cost in the future with predictions ← well, how about Buddhism (laughs) but when I presented the most economical story because it was easy to understand, I gradually moved towards understanding.
It's better to convey economic reality without going up to the foundation of doctrine

For me, religion has a meaning. I think it's like home. Even if I go out of the house every day, there are places I come back to. I think it's wonderful to have a home with a heart that accepts you even when you're not aware of it, because it gives you a warm heart.
However, just like neighborhood associations, neighbors don't have the same educational policy (doctrine), but I think it's important to get along well and help each other, but a fervent sense of religion sometimes creates exclusive values.

Just a word of caution, don't deny those people!
They are serious and hardworking people, so I think there are some things we can learn from those people.

It's going to be tough, but please don't overdo it