hasunoha

Is it OK to hurt myself if I don't have malice

My mother-in-law, who lives with me, is probably a nice person, but she doesn't give enough consideration to words and actions; for example, she only says “it's small” even when buying a new car, treats photos of me and my grandson sloppily where I can see them, and when my biological father tells my son about buying toys, she says, “That's all I enjoy.” (Regarding this, I think it means “now because of the COVID-19 pandemic”.)

Thankfully, both my husband and my husband's siblings understood my mother-in-law's personality, and they cared for me and were on my side, but little by little, disgusting feelings built up due to such trivial words and actions, and they always said, “It can't be helped because they are this kind of person. I've endured it, saying, “There must be no offense,” but “is it OK for me to get hurt if there's no offense?” Since I started to think about it, I haven't been able to get along well.
It's my husband's family that I love, so I want to be good friends even if it's just ostensibly, but it's a painful feeling that I can't control it easily.

If this were someone else, I could take distance little by little, but since it's a family, I can't do that, and everyone other than my mother-in-law is kind to me, so I don't want to be disliked, and I still feel like I have no choice but to cover it with my own feelings, etc.
How can we successfully overcome “unscrupulous words and actions.”

Thank you for your support

3 Zen Responses

People with abusive language are aggressive with a defensive mentality to protect themselves

Hello.
Matrix-Inabauer, Master of Transcendence of Words
In the Zen world, words are one of the barriers that must be overcome.
You can only be an adult if you don't get fooled by words. Ichininmae. Gourd person day.
Even in the Japanese national sport “Sumo,” it's called Inasu (go) to dodge the incoming sumo wrestlers without accepting them and throwing them out of the field.
Please look it up in the dictionary. Inus.
Both you and Giri's Okasan's words are bad at Ina Bauer. Please dodge wisely.
Even if your opponent maliciously bites the words of the Bali Zogon, you need to accept them.
The Buddha also did not accept the words of people who maliciously barizogon.
I took the middle yuan, but if the other party didn't pick it up, where did that chugen go? They will return to their owners.
The same goes for year-end gifts.
don't worry about speaking ill of it either.
I hope you don't take it. NO thank you.
Humans catch sound through microphones called ears, but they don't get hurt at that point. You get hurt by “personalizing” it in your brain and “taking it as if you were hurt.” Coco is important.
An extreme metaphor Shimasu. There are people on the internet whose job is to delete images that should be viewed, and if you take each one head-on, you will get sick.
If you do it in public mode, you won't get caught.
Humans should have a lifelong obligation to pursue the highest level of humanity. Then it becomes the ultimate official. Just as people work hard to aim for a gold medal at the Olympics, humans also need a gold medal for humanity. It is the death of this world to say that gold medalist of humanity is a man, a great person, a saint gentleman, and a person with virtue. Please work hard with your in-law Ocarsan to become a gold medalist of great humanity. Ikkyu-san, who is handsome in Japan, also led Okasan. It was called Kana Dharma, and he led Ocarsan to his heart with words that were easy to understand. People unrelated to the general public also led. There is no need for conditioning for guidance.
It's a good idea to study the psychology of people who do bad things, uncomfortable things, and DIS things when they open their mouths. Actually, the mentality of doing that kind of thing is just fear and a strong sense of defense. They probably had a sad past or childhood. A poor person who has no other way of expressing himself. It's just a person whose senses are hypersensitive.

Passing on well is an important ascetic practice in life

 There are quite a few people like this. Furthermore, the poor quality is that even if you cut someone off with words, they make excuses that are extremely self-convenient, saying “because there is no offense.”
My husband and siblings, who have been together all the time, are used to it, so “has it started again?” That's enough, but I think it's a ridiculous pain for Mikey, who got married. But you might be tempted to get revenge, but let's avoid Mikey directly knocking down his hand.

>
They care about me and are on my side
>
I think that's still a relief. My husband and his siblings said, “There's no offense, so be patient.” If you have that attitude, I think the limit will soon come and you will have no choice but to explode. Having said that, everyone has feelings. If words that stimulate the disgusting part of that emotion are thrown out abruptly, there's a limit to getting through. That said, it's difficult to change people like that. If there's an exquisite way to deal with it, I'd rather know.

What is a realistic response
1. Everyone cooperates, points out the mother-in-law's rants, and makes them promise improvements.
It's still fine if it's a word or action in response to something being held up in the home. However, if there are words and actions that harm the community, relatives, or work, I don't think they should be left unattended. If people in the neighborhood say things they never have, or if people involved in work go on rants, there are many things to lose. It can't be done without offense. People who rant and make up different stories by saying “I forgot” or “I may have said it, but the true meaning is different.” Preserving evidence by making notes on the date, place, and attendees or recording with a smartphone, let's all seek improvements and seek efforts to reduce rants even a little. You'll want to approach it with a coercive attitude, but “because it's for the whole family,” “because I think about my mother-in-law, I'm worried, so I dare say it.” It is important to request improvements from that feeling.

2. Have my husband listen to my complaints
My husband may be used to it, but “my heart is full of wounds every day.” Let's make them understand that clearly. The inside of the house will be even more difficult if you directly refute it. I want to avoid chaos in the house, so I want you to at least listen sincerely to my complaints. If it's not enough to just complain, response 1 is necessary. In that case, ask them to respond as soon as possible.

“Being hurt” is the affliction of your anger

Worries such as greed, anger, laziness, and pride cause worry, suffering, and stress.
The phenomenon of being “hurt” is caused by your own anger.
In other words, “I'm hurt” = “I'm angry.”
Your own anguish of anger was triggered.
The background of anger is anticipation, obsession, laziness, and pride.
In order not to get hurt, it is good to activate anger and the opposite heart, that is, a heart of mercy.
Let's keep an eye on your mother-in-law, “There are places where she is cute even though she is like this,” and wish your mother-in-law happiness.
If your mother-in-law is happy, your family will be at peace.
If my mother-in-law is unhappy and in a bad mood, my family will come right away.
When the mother-in-law spits out toxic words, there must be dissatisfaction or anger in the mother-in-law herself.
When I said that the car was small, my mother-in-law probably complained, “If I were to buy it, I should make it a more functional and spacious car.”
There are also differences in age and values when it comes to what they look for in a car.