hasunoha

I have no work experience

I'm currently 28 years old, and I haven't worked since I graduated from a correspondence high school.
I've never lived alone, I have no common sense or manners, 10 years have passed, and I'm still unemployed and have no place to stay.
I don't even want to do an interview, and it makes me think I'm about to give up my hard work.
I think I have to think about how to use my life, but since it causes trouble to my family, I also think that I want to end my family.
Am I not allowed to live in this Japanese society?
Is there no place where they can accept you without looking at your educational background or background?
If you know any, could you let me know?
Thank you for your support.

4 Zen Responses

Start small

I read your consultation. Thank you very much. It conveys the feeling of being held alone for a long time.

How painful is it to spend 10 years feeling “burnt out” and “I have no place to stay.” I think it's natural to feel impatient. It's not like they haven't done anything, and that impatience is born precisely because they keep thinking “I want to do something about it.”

But even if you're in a hurry, you can't turn back time. I think the important thing is not to try to change drastically, but to change the current direction little by little. If you cut the rudder a lot, the ship will capsize, but if you change the angle little by little, you will arrive at a different landscape someday.

Educational background has certainly been a yardstick for estimating a person's value in society up until now. However, the meaning of yardstick is changing now, and in the future.
Rather than what you've learned, what experiences have you gained in the past, and what can you actually do as a result? It seems that the world is now changing little by little in an age where such “skills based on experience” are required. So, just because you don't have an educational background doesn't mean that the road is completely closed.
Of course, career in the sense of work history etc. is only an indicator to measure who you are in the past, so I don't think it's too late to start putting this together for the future.

You don't have to take a big step right away. It doesn't matter if you take it slow, so little by little you will get closer to your ideal form of “I want to be like this.” Look for just one small step to that end, today and tomorrow.
Also, if your heart is cornered enough to think about “how to use your life,” please don't hold it alone and rely on a place where you can listen to your voice first. I'm sure there are plenty of places to stay here and beyond.

Gassho

Let's start with a simple job

For example, if it's a part-time job for a cleaning company, it's a light job where even the elderly can work.
Instead of aiming for an ideal full-time employee from the beginning, why don't you start a simple job a few times a week?
The job of cleaning buildings is necessary for society.
For now, by having a point of contact with society, you will be able to encounter something new (even a hobby) that you can have a new interest in.
Everything is impermanent.
I think you too will not stay the way you are now, but will change for a long time.

A place where you can spit out your current painful feelings before anything else

I saw your consultation. The pain you are currently experiencing will be conveyed through the text.

The first thing that bothered me was the words “I have to think about how to use my life” and “I want to end my family.”
I think the choice to let go of life is probably what your family least wants.
It is your family that has taken good care of you and has led your life for 28 years. I would like them not to choose the saddest outcome for them.

On top of that, I'll give you one Zen quote.
“Underfoot care (foot care)” — it's a teaching that you should look after your feet by illuminating them. When I take off my shoes at the entrance of a temple, my heart at that time is reflected in the mess and dirt on those shoes.
This isn't just about shoes.
It's a teaching that you should take a proper look at your way of life, the path you've walked, and your current heart.

Why is it difficult to deal with people?
When and where did the cause come about?
First, take a look inside yourself and put it into words.
By verbalizing suffering, the outline can be seen little by little, and it becomes possible to face it.

And one more thing. The fact that you have lived to this day without working and without income means that someone has taken care of your life.
It must be your family.
Your family also continued to support you even though they had a hard time.
Why do they do it — when you come into contact with that thought, you can't help but appreciate it.
Your life is the life that has been hoped for so long.

There is always a place where people are not measured by their educational background or background.
But before anything else, find a place where you can vent your current painful feelings.
It doesn't matter if it's online.
Please don't hold it alone.

If you don't mind me, I'm always happy to talk to you.
First, take a quick look at the “thankfulness” at your feet.

Gassho

I think it was just that there was no trigger. Let's connect with society

It's my real intention that I want to seek while thinking about giving up my hard work. If I have a place to stay, I want to move forward. You want to keep working while there are interview hurdles, right?

Graduating from a correspondence high school is also an achievement. You've done a good job, haven't you? If you don't have a connection with society, you may be afraid of the reaction, but when I see you connecting with Hasunoha in this way and carefully replying to the monk's answers, I feel that there was simply no trigger.

There are people I know who have found it difficult to go to work and have been isolated from society due to poor physical condition, but while obtaining information through the internet, etc., in this way, they are now artists who create creative accessories and sell them by mail order.

She is motivated by the desire to meet customers who seek them, even if alone, and it is a place she has found for herself.

It's good to find what you want to do, and it's also a good idea to consult with “youth employment support centers” and “regional youth support stations” all over the country. They provide comprehensive support for job hunting by combining consultation, information provision, selection preparation, events, etc. Why don't we connect with society?