The reason why ascetic monks are fat
There are a few wealthy ascetic monks, such as Eiheiji Temple and Sojiji Temple, but why is that? Aren't you going to lose weight?
There are a few wealthy ascetic monks, such as Eiheiji Temple and Sojiji Temple, but why is that? Aren't you going to lose weight?
It seems that if you eat too much before age 3, the number of fat cells will increase and you will have a constitution that makes it easier to gain weight.
In other words, even if you eat the same diet, there are cases where it is easy to gain weight depending on your constitution.
I wonder if it depends on my constitution.
Even though the training is strict, it is also an ascetic practice to have a proper meal. Training requires energy. Therefore, being fat is not a negative thing; it is a store of necessary energy.
Hi
I'm also the type that went to Motoyama and got fat.
Of course, the amount I ate drastically decreased from before the training, and I couldn't eat meat, etc., so I should have lost weight, but for some reason I got fat.
As I've heard, in living organisms, it seems that when what they eat is drastically reduced, the body enters “starvation mode,” and basal metabolism is lowered, etc., so it doesn't use much energy consumption. It is a biological reaction (homeostasis) in which the body tries to live to protect life. As a result, it is likely that you will gain weight even with few nutrients, or that when you eat a lot of something, the reaction to accumulate it will cause you to gain weight. Also, it seems that the fact that they began to eat meals in a hurry during group activity and that their sleep time became shorter is also one of the reasons they gained weight.
Originally, I ate a thin diet and had a thin body, but it seemed like the “starvation mode” switch was still on even after leaving the head office, and my constitution changed to make it easier to gain weight. Since I'm fat, it's easy to think that “they may be eating a lot of expensive food,” but that's not the case, my diet is still the same as before, and I hardly eat out. I must be using energy by moving my body a lot, such as cleaning the precincts, but now I can't lose weight.
At the end, I felt like I was complaining, but I think it means that you can get fat by drastically reducing your diet.
There is not much difference in the amount of food eaten by individuals, so if you are in a dormitory with a lot of exercise, you may lose weight due to lack of calories, and if not, you may gain weight. Either way, it's on a case-by-case basis, so if you go to a monastery, no one will lose weight.
The basic teachings of our ancestors are to “eat properly and thoroughly, and strive properly and firmly,” so it is not true to lose weight and put up with losing weight while getting tired even more hungry.