hasunoha

Dream of becoming a nun

My dream is to become a nun. Often, “What are your dreams for the future?” I am asked,
It takes a lot of courage to be a nun.
The reason is that people say “it's changed” or “strange,” and people laugh at it. Dream that I am a nun
I've never felt ashamed to have one. However, when I'm asked about my dreams, I can't say them clearly and honestly. How can I confidently talk about my dreams?

3 Zen Responses

Be honest about your characteristics

I was a “strange kid” who longed for religious positions since I was young. It was rather a pleasure to be amused and surprised by being treated as an eccentric person (laughs)

Mana-san has a feeling that “I don't want others to think it's strange,” “I don't want to be laughed at,” and “but if I can, I want to talk about my dreams in a fair and honest manner, and be recognized by those around me.”

It's not about which one is better or worse. Each person has different values and characteristics. Why don't you be aware of the characteristics you have and deal with them successfully?

Many of my current friends have values that “it's strange to aim to become a nun even though you're not the daughter of a temple.” It would be difficult to force them to change it.

If you have a lot of stress to deal with within yourself, “dreams for the future? There is also a way to muddy up, “It's still vague!” If they laugh at you, try saying, “It honestly hurts when people say it's funny, isn't it?” Change the friends you hang out with and create relationships where you can support each other's dreams. I think there are many ways.

As career paths diverge in the future, the field of social interaction will change steadily. It becomes active. You're sure to meet like-minded people, people who understand you, or people who share your interests. I would like you to continue to warm up that dream and make it come true. Please do your best.

Looking beyond a dream

Before I answer
Let's think about dreams together.
When I say “dream,” I think the outline of that dream is still blurry.

Become a pro baseball player
Become a doctor
Become a lawyer
Become prime minister

When I was a kid, I had various dreams like the ones above, but as I got older
“Becoming ◯◯” is a means
I'm beginning to understand that “doing ◯◯” is a real dream.

What does Mana-san want to do when she becomes a nun?
It's fine to dream of becoming a nun
Become a nun and dream about what you want to accomplish.

People who laugh at dreams are usually people who don't have dreams.
Or, there are many people who don't have that dream “their own dream.”
People who take their dreams seriously don't laugh at other people's dreams. I won't make a fool of you.

Look for friends who will listen seriously to your dreams.
Friends and people with whom you can seriously discuss that dream will be a lifetime treasure.

incidentally
My dream is to become an international monk and spread Japanese “Japanese” Buddhism to the world.
I would be happy if we could talk about our dreams someday.

It's a wonderful dream

You have a wonderful dream. I would like you to fulfill your dream by all means.
I think it's a dream where I want to save people's mental confusion and suffering.
I was born as a son of the temple and the second son, and lived a hectic (boy) life.
As a lackluster person, I experienced various ups and downs in my life, and when I was in college, alcohol, drugs (cold medicine), rock and roll (seven turns eight turns), and women (broken? two-dimensional?) I drowned in it, and my head was temporarily going crazy, and on the verge of committing suicide, I went 3 centimeters from the cliff.
For the first time at that time, I said, “That's dangerous. Let's become a monk!” I thought so.
It was kind of vague, but first I thought “I want to be saved.”
That was the first time I felt the need to study Buddhism.
Until now, it was Teranomusco, so I was just vaguely studying Buddhism somehow. I really didn't feel the need.
After that, I met wonderful people and their teachings, spread those teachings to people, and I felt that I wanted to be useful to the people of the world in some way. Rather than only being saved, I thought it would be useless if there was nothing I could do to help others. When I entered the temple industry, I felt a contradiction in the fact that the main thing I was doing was that there were many memorial services and ceremonies, and I thought that living people should be relieved of their emotional pain while living like doctors, so I changed direction and greatly expanded the path of not simply being a monk but a ❝ missionary ❞.
I think I may feel the same contradiction when I become a nun in the future.
Just for your reference. w (._.) w worship