hasunoha

Naming a child

Thank you for your support.

My daughter was born safely the day before yesterday.
I'm thinking of changing my name to Tsuruko, but people around me think it's bad or that I'll be bullied.
From my point of view, I think something is wrong with the sparkling name.

It may certainly be a difference in values, but wouldn't it be difficult to live a balanced life if you were named Tsuruko in this day and age?
Also, does a name change one's face and personality after all?

That's it. Thank you for your support.

3 Zen Responses

Because kids are cruel

Children are cruel and simple, so if they're “pickpockets,” there's a possibility that they'll be called slippery or slippery.
I think it's better to take that into consideration. Including the sound it sounds when read continuously with your last name.
Also, it would be safer to worry about whether there are any famous people (especially criminals) with the same name.
However, since the popularity of names continues to circulate, I don't know if a name that has an old impression now will look cool 10 years from now.
In the future, children ask, “Why did you choose Tsuruko?” When asked, I think it would be nice if there was a reason why you can answer with all your heart to your child, and a reason why your child isn't embarrassed to explain it to that friend or something.
After that, I think it's better to imagine and name children when they become adults, become members of society, and become old women.
Note, I don't know if the face changes depending on the name, but I've heard that names that begin with the sound of kakikukeko have a strong sound when called, so if you are called by that name every day, you will be a strong kid. (This story has nothing to do with Buddhism.)
As an aside, at our temple, when we give a kajime when we die, we often get one letter from that person's name during their lifetime.

Congratulations on the birth of a young lady.

For parents, the first gift they give their child is a name, so it's troubling, isn't it? I think this time of worrying is pretty fun, but I also dared to name my daughter “Oko.”

The character for “crane” is wonderful, but when it comes to “Tsuruko,” the reading could be a factor that makes people make fun of in this day and age. How about adding another character, like “mitsuko”?

Please consider carefully

Thank you for your hard work! Keke-sama

Congratulations on this
Let me state my thoughts

I'm really worried about the name...
That's because it has something to do with that child's future and life
Please think carefully

I also get naming requests once in a while
I would like to make a proposal with a great deal of consideration

Who is objecting to this time
If it's someone close to you, such as your wife
I hope it will be carefully examined

Especially since the wife will be raising children together from now on
Wouldn't it be better for both of us to be convinced

By the way, if it's a case of someone close to you, such as your wife
Does this name come from anything? Does it make sense?
How about we start by talking from there

As for other humans
To put it to the extreme, I think it would be good if the couple were good

Gassho