hasunoha

I don't want to watch the news

I don't want to watch the news.

Recently I looked around and found a dead body.
○ days have passed since his death. It looks like murder.

This kind of news has been circulating every day recently, and to be clear, I don't understand why they kill people so easily, but it makes me sad.

After a few days, the culprit has a lot of resentment, such as relatives, people I've been in a relationship with in the past, and the same workplace used to be.

There's already a lot of news like this.

3 Zen Responses

It's hard watching the news too

There are so many bad incidents that I often feel that it's hard to watch the news. I agree.

After all, bad news is caused by the human mind, so I sometimes think that it may be my duty to spread Buddhism so that such things decrease even a little. On the other hand, I think I know a little bit about my true nature because I don't know when I will become the perpetrator, so I also think it would be nice if I could end my life without committing a crime.

We also think about how to reduce the suffering of crime victims and their families even a little, and what should be done so that the perpetrators can change their minds and improve their lives after that.

There may not be an answer, but I think it is necessary for everyone to think and act on how to reduce the factors that cause heinous incidents even if they don't go away.

Do praying mantises cannibalize

Occasionally, there are people who say “only humans kill each other in the same race,” and say that murder and war are abnormal and unusual, but in reality, there are quite a few people who fight and kill each other.
As for praying mantises, females eat males after females mate, and they cannibalize when hungry regardless of mating.
The original form of us sentient beings reincarnating in the six ways may be that they kill each other.
The disastrous incidents that appear on the news are the ugliness of normal humans.
Under such circumstances, the Buddha's teachings, which preach mercy and admonish murder, are rare.
If you really want to reach a level where there's no killing each other, and you don't even have to kill microorganisms,
There is no choice but to break free from the Rokudō Reincarnation or pass away in a special world like the Pure Land of Paradise.
No matter what kind of ascetic monk they are in this world, they probably kill microorganisms without knowing it.
I would be happy if you could use the ugly news as a trigger to imagine Buddhist enlightenment (liberation from the Rikudo Reincarnation).

I won't turn on the TV

I feel like this is a very symbolic question.
A lot of things are happening in the world. The programs are selected and played by people at TV stations from among them, and they are selected based on the values of the people reporting them. That's not all that's happening.
Therefore, there are actually countless things that are happening, and the “what to take and what to go through” they decide determines “what can be seen.”
Why don't you spend your days carefully feeling the reality your eyes see and what's happening in your body without turning on the TV? Why don't you spend your days accepting your child's gaze on you as much as possible? What's happening to you right now won't be able to experience it so many times in your lifetime, right? When my wife sees a pregnant woman, she remembers, “Oh, I'm nostalgic,” and she has a happy expression. It was a very difficult time, but now it was a valuable experience.
If you want to see the misery and inability to make ends meet in the world, you should watch the news. If you don't want to watch, don't turn on the TV. If you want to feel life itself, why not touch your own stomach?