hasunoha

As a husband

What should it be?

I work in the forestry industry, and it's physically difficult to cut down chainsaws, cut down, operate machines, etc., and I use my mental strength to the point where my body becomes sluggish when it becomes a machine. I'm saying it myself, but if I don't do my job better than others, I won't be able to make a profit. There are also quite a few dangers, so when I get home, I lose my tension and fall down all the time. However, I have a daughter who has just been born, and I can't say that I'm tired. I'm doing my best with the feeling that I want to help my wife as much as possible, but neither my wife nor my wife's family think well of me when I go home tired. I can't wake up even when my daughter cries in the middle of the night, she is so sluggish that she can barely stand up, and she often walks in the house. However, if I cut corners and work, I won't be able to support my family.

I definitely don't want to insist that I'm tired and that I'm working hard. But I just want a word of thank you for your hard work. I want to support my wife, but I get really upset when my wife says heartless words or attitudes. I know that my wife doesn't have time to spare either

Am I just being spoiled by my thoughts?

3 Zen Responses

As a married couple

I read your consultation.

I don't think it's just about being spoiled. You're working really hard at work, aren't you? Thank you so much for your hard work as always.
The wife hasn't been watching Kei-chan's hard work all the time, so there are probably places where it can't be conveyed.
If you don't just talk about this, you won't be able to get it across. If you tell your wife as you discussed it here, I'm sure she'll understand.

Well, I'm sure these are both of us. Raising children is really difficult, isn't it? Kei-chan hasn't been watching her work hard all the time, so the wife is probably her wife and there are things she wants Kei-chan to understand.

While respecting each other's positions, they are a great couple, so we want to support each other.
It's quite difficult to take your time, so let's start by asking Kei-chan, “How is childcare?” “Are you having trouble?” “Don't you want them to do more like this?” Why don't you listen to his wife's story.
On top of that, why don't you ask your wife to listen to Kei-chan's thoughts, as you wrote this time?

If we put each other in their place, we can really understand the other person, but this just isn't the case. No one can replace them, and I can't replace them. Because they can't be replaced, they do their best to put themselves in the other person's shoes... even more so if it's a married couple.

Which way should we start? Wouldn't it be cool if Kei-chan could do that?

I agree with Yoshimushi

I don't understand it from the text, but I think it's because “we both don't know how we spend our daytime.”
Basically, couples work together at temples, but since they can also be said to be colleagues in the “same workplace,” there is a feeling that they call out and cooperate to run the temple.
So... wouldn't it be possible for your family to come visit your workplace even for a little while? Of course, danger should be avoided, but I think it's better to realistically know that “this is how dads support their families.” If it's not a tour, maybe a picture of a work scene or something.
On the other hand, it's the same when it comes to raising a wife's children. When you can sincerely say “thank you for raising children and housework,” I'm sure the weight of “thank you for your work” will also change.

You can only relax at home if you become a master of that path

Let's imagine that your work skills have improved further and you are now able to do work where you have lost your strength. Masters in that field are attractive precisely because they don't have the strength to get the job done.
My temple is also a mountain temple, so I devise ways to handle mowing and things so that I don't use unnecessary power.
I'm tired of putting on a regular rag, so I switched to a mop.
Garden cleaning, which used to take 2 hours with a broom, can now be completed in 5 to 20 minutes with a blower.
Men have a work spirit or male spirit somewhere, and when they put effort into it, they have a sense of fulfillment, and there is something that makes them feel like they've done it.
Let's stop that.
It just wastes wasted energy.
There are many works by artists and young people that are intense, and they are powerful enough to make you say something.
If your wife is cute and your child is cute, you should conserve energy for your wife and child.
An underpowered job.
They do accurate work even when they run out of strength.
You just need to be fascinated by yourself for being able to do such a smart job.