hasunoha

Bad things I want to forget

I want to live my life by quickly forgetting what I don't like or what I want to forget.
I want to forget the slander I saw on the internet and the bad things I was told in real life
But I wonder if it's my nature and it drags on forever...
The worst thing is that I quickly flash back to the fun time and the most relaxing time, and it's hard to understand, so let me give you an example
Reading the books I bought little by little after work after eating, taking a bath, and before going to bed is my daily routine, a relaxing day, and the most enjoyable time.
However, memories I didn't want to remember flashed back during this time period, and I couldn't enjoy reading as much as I wanted.
I want to forget quickly and get back my fun time
And above all, it's frustrating to be bothered by trivial matters.
Please tell me if there is a way I can switch my mind or how I can forget it.
I'm using it for the first time. If there are any mistakes or uncomfortable feelings in how to use or ask questions, I'm sorry, please point it out

3 Zen Responses

There is an answer 0.1 seconds after the flashback

Flashbacks (hereinafter FB) are caused by touching in real life something related to something that causes memories of the “ano event” in your example.
They will continue to come out in the future, and it is only good if there are no problems even if they come out.
FB is fully automatic, unaware, and unrelated to your intentions.
FB just came out of nowhere and swam in the pool of your mind for a few seconds.
However, you fall for her temptations.
Bats and knives hurt your body, but memory doesn't hurt your substance.
You are being misled. according to my own thoughts.
I'm assuming that “my thoughts are really hurting me.”
Ninety percent of people in the world are like that.
Do you think you should live a life with limitless possibilities for the future and live it like that?
Until now, and now, I am deceiving myself the most.
I assume that flashbacks and things like that are hurting, interfering, and bothering me.
People have the function of trying to assimilate to external things.
Information, situations, people's faces...
You're in a state where you don't notice that you're trying to tune in to outside things.
Do you understand the meaning that there is an answer 0.1 seconds after the flashback?
Right after the flashback, you're making that thought unfold.
Once again, you are on FB's invitation.
Please reread this sentence until you understand it.
Be sure to resolve it, and let it help people suffering in FB for the rest of their lives, starting with you.
Here are tips and answers on how to live a life where you don't have to be a slave to your own thoughts for the rest of your life.

It's not about forgetting, not remembering.

Nice to meet you, Mr. Sagawa.

In the past, bad things from the past often crossed my mind and my feelings sank. When it comes to human memory, it seems that painful things remain more clearly than fun things. I think it's quite difficult to try to forget those negative memories.

However, I think it's possible not to recall those memories. That is, at the moment when negative memories almost flash back, you consciously “try not to remember.” For example, it means preventing negative memories from growing as seeds. Speaking of controlling the mind, it's an exaggeration, but I try not to think about anything. That is effective.

I think there are many ways to do that, but what I used to do was move my body to the fullest. Make a loud voice. Go outside and soak up the sun. Feeling the wind. To look at the moon and stars. etc. Try this the moment you're about to flash back. It should be a little better. The worst thing is to stop and worry. If you move only your head, you'll end up in a negative spiral, so I don't think it will solve anything.

You'll be able to do this with some training. You can command your brain to “don't remember.” I did quite a bit too. Try doing it little by little.

There's no point in worrying about the past. It's really a waste of time. If you feel “frustrated,” I think you'll be able to do something about it. What matters is the state of mind.

Sorry for the abstract sentence. I would be happy to help even a little bit.

Gassho

How to deal with being caught up in the past

Mr. Sagawa

This is Kawaguchi Hidetoshi. This is a humble answer to the question.

Suffering from being caught up in bad things from the past or things you want to forget... of course it also happens in my humble life. However, as I learned and progressed in Buddhism, it gradually improved. In particular, by firmly understanding the state of the past and present, it is certain that there is a present based on the past, but by realizing that it is more important to better adjust the state of mind in the present moment to the present moment, I have gradually become able to let go of my grip on the past.

Question “Tips for living only the present moment strongly”
http://hasunoha.jp/questions/308

“... The “past” that has already passed away is already past, so it is no longer in the “present.” Of course, when I think of the “past,” I get the illusion that it “exists,” but what comes to mind is just my “present.” ・・”

However, even if I say that my past isn't past, it's connected to my present self, so I can't actually say that it doesn't matter at all. It can be said that past events, for better or worse, are causes and conditions leading to who we are now.

“... Of course, without my past, I wouldn't be where I am now. Furthermore, if you don't have your current self, your future self is impossible as a possibility. My past and present self are clearly connected, and it can be said that my current self is also connected to my future self, so I'm not different, but of course I can't say that it's the same. This is difficult, but it is called “not uniform.” ・・”

Question “I'm a student, but I don't know why I'm living.”
http://hasunoha.jp/questions/185

“... We can only “live” in the moment-to-moment continuum of “now.” ・・”

The problem is that, so as to let go of the past, past events are in the past, and it is important to live in the present by concentrating on the consciousness of the mind in this moment of “now.” I hope Mr. Sagawa can be adjusted like that little by little.

Kawaguchi Hidetoshi Gassho