hasunoha

I don't feel well and want to quit my job, but I'm worried about my life

Work is getting harder year by year, and recently not only can I not get rid of fatigue, but my physical condition continues, such as pain all over my body.

There are no days off other than public holidays (8th or 9th) every month, and due to a constant shortage of personnel, I can't take paid holidays as expected, and I can't actually take a nap during the night shift (17 hours).

In addition to poor physical condition, there is also quite a bit of stress, so I can hardly do housework these days, and I can keep the house messy as much as I want.
Even if I think I have to do it, I can't move my body and mind as expected, and I'm even more stressed.

There is also a feeling that I want to quit my job and get some rest, but when I think about being unable to live due to repayment of loans borrowed from my child's tuition fees and rent, I can't quit easily and I don't know why.

My husband's income is not stable because his job depends on the weather. Part-time work is possible if my husband's income is stable...

The kids got a job and aren't with them.

3 Zen Responses

It's too late to regret falling down. I'm worried.

I'm sorry for the difficult situation.
There are things about life, but if your physical condition is that unstable, you will fall down one day. If you fall down and end up in the hospital, that will also cause you to worry about medical expenses.
Continuing to obtain both health and income in the same way will one day not come true. You can grow old, and you can also get sick. Any person. That is normal in the world.

There may be circumstances, but let's talk to the company about something. For your husband too. (It's a life of two, and Ayumi isn't alone in carrying it on her back.) Also, please talk to children who have been employed and ask them to help. It's a family thing.
Even if you regret it after falling down, it's too late.
Please take care of yourself.

Reset your life once.

To Ayumi

Your body is tough, isn't it? I really understand it.
The teachings of Buddhism are ways to resolve suffering. It's okay, it'll be easier l.

If you get sick and fall asleep, that's exactly why you won't be able to earn income. The fact that the house is already messy is in a terminal state in terms of genealogy. That's because a messy house doesn't make you happy.

First, consult with your husband and decide to fix your health, and since you are unwell, please decide whether to appeal directly to the workplace to get paid or quit your job.
At the same time, it is necessary to change lives for when income decreases. Your husband's income may be low, but please think about a way to live with that small income.
For example, food costs, electricity bills, cell phone bills, etc., there must be a lot of trouble. Have you received remittances etc. from your son? If not, please ask your son to pay the tuition loan first. Let's start there.

And in the meantime, please rest your body and prepare your home. The home where the problem occurs has a bad room atmosphere. Bad vibes also affect the mind. Thoroughly throw away things you don't need. This is also a pattern, but there are too many unnecessary things that I don't need to live in a house with a bad lifestyle. Clean up, replace fluorescent lights, etc., and make the room thoroughly clean and bright. Then, the husband, let alone Ayumi, will be fine, and if the husband is well, his income will also increase.

It's hard to be unwell, but this is an opportunity to change the environment. There's still a long way to go in life. The only way to be happy is to work hard. Let's walk slowly and steadily along the path of happiness without hurrying. Gassho

Make effective use of your time off...

I'm Asuka Goto, a Shingon Buddhist nun.

Ayumi.
Thank you for your hard work.
You're working really hard, aren't you?

Please, if you feel any abnormalities due to fatigue or physical discomfort, please be examined at the hospital.
Once Doctor Stop comes out, stop working right away and let your husband and child take care of the money.

Once I was in my 50s, unlike before, I began to respond quite a bit more to my body.
Women also have physical changes that cannot be said to humans, such as hormonal changes.
On top of that, Ayumi says that her work is even harder...

However, there is also a current situation where you have to work hard.

If your child works, ask your child to return the education loan
Wouldn't it be a good idea to talk to your child about the modulation of your own body?

If that doesn't come true, I think it's a good idea to think about how you can rest your body efficiently in a limited amount of time.

You're worried about the fact that cleaning etc. have been delayed.
There is no such thing as humans dying even if it's a little messy, so
Don't worry about times when you're physically unable.
Please prioritize your body.

When your body or mind is really tired,
even if you just close your eyes for a minute or two
I think you'll understand that your body is recovering.
I think I can take a break even if I just cut off the information that comes through my eyes for a short while.
We recommend taking time to close your eyes frequently. (Of course, please don't close your eyes in places where safety cannot be confirmed.)

Also, on holidays, even if you skip cleaning, wouldn't it be a good idea to rest your body or refresh yourself by going to a place where you feel that you enjoy shopping?

Maybe when you look at it from your family's point of view, there may be a slight complaint,
It might seem a little selfish, but...
If you have time to rest now, why don't you prioritize your own mental and physical “comfort”?

If you get a complaint from your husband, never touch on matters such as your husband's work
First, please sincerely apologize and say that it is for your own body.

Please rest your mind and body in a reasonable manner.

(When cleaning up the house, complain to everyone about your physical condition
Call out to children who live separately, and the husband together
Why don't you make a day for everyone to clean up?
(I think it's better not to think about anything impossible, such as being alone...)