hasunoha

Should I postpone my marriage?

Thank you for always being there. She is a woman who has been in a relationship and her boyfriend, who has been in a relationship for 5 years, told me to wait 3 years before getting married. After that, it was shortened one year later, and I was scheduled to enroll in December this year, and I also received a wedding ring with the enrollment date engraved on it in July.

Nevertheless, I had a knee injury in mid-July, had surgery in September, then 2 months of rehabilitation, and returned to work in December.

Is it OK to get married to cause trouble at work?

Can I move if my leg hurts?

I also went on a domestic honeymoon trip at the end of December.

Anyway, I'm sorry at work and I'm worried even though I was looking forward so much to getting enrolled.

I told my boyfriend that I'll do everything myself, so I'll move and enroll as scheduled.

Am I not being selfish?

3 Zen Responses

You're not selfish.

You're not selfish.
Rather, it is a feeling that comes from a “sense of responsibility” and “honesty.” I have a very strong sense of not wanting to cause trouble at work or my surroundings.

However, in Buddhism, “everything is suffering (all suffering).”
I will explain that life is based on the premise that things don't go the way you want them to. Unexpected injuries and schedule changes are in the midst of this trend. What matters is how you accept it.

He said, “I'll do everything as planned, so it's fine.” It's a sign of my determination to share my life with you. Walking with injuries and insecurities is also the essence of marriage. Marriage is not “after being in perfect condition,” but “walking together unfinished.”

I'm sure your apologies for the workplace will be fully conveyed by the way you worked and appreciated after you came back. Now, focus your energy on recovering from your injuries and preparing for a new life.

Also, if you're still unsure, ask yourself this question.
“Am I putting my happiness on the back burner because of anxiety right now?”
It is in the midst of anxiety that people go hand in hand. Your “sorry” is an opportunity for him to accept his desire to “walk together.”

Please, receive happiness as planned. Gassho

Please be happy!

I read it.
I sincerely understand that you are worried.
First, take care of your injuries, undergo thorough surgery, and stay calm and rehabilitate. Please prioritize your mind and body.
I think it's fine when it comes to work-related relationships; we're both friends in life, so please prioritize your happiness.
Also, I think there will be many things in my future life. I think there will be times when you will help and help a lot of people from now on. At that time, please help them to the extent possible.
He said that, so I don't think it's okay to trust him and leave it up to him.
There are mountains and valleys in life, right? Please share your hardships with your loved ones from now on and live a happy life.
I sincerely pray that you and him will be able to live a happy life while caring and helping each other. And I wholeheartedly support you and him.
Please take care and be really happy!

Since he is here, I wonder if it will become a support to overcome the present

It makes me wish to welcome the milestones in my life as planned and with a fresh feeling. To that end, preparations have been made, and it is precisely because we have overcome so many things that we feel uneasy and sad about unexpected situations (I wonder if marriage is possible in such a state).

Life doesn't go according to plan. But when you were uneasy, what did he say? “Because I'll do it myself. “Let's get married.” People who give you such kind, reliable, and reassuring words will be by your side.

Since he is here, I wonder if it will become a support for overcoming the present. Will they accept it as difficult, or will they support each other and realize that they are necessary? It means to chew on love. You're still happy now, and nothing has changed.

Go ahead, get married as planned and be happy with your partner.