hasunoha

Your dog's death is too painful

Good evening.
I can't sleep.
My dog passed away in July.
I'm lonely, or rather, there's no conflict, there's no healing, I feel like there's a hole in it.
I remember my dog because I can't sleep, and I don't know if I'll regret it or if I won't be able to sleep because I regret it.
Regrets from the day before death, regrets from a few years ago, regrets from a few months ago. Regrets from various periods come rushing in.

Some time after he passed away, those regrets were surely something I was able to digest, such as those that I had made other choices, etc., but there were times when I was busy, angry, and lonely for my pet dog, who knew that I was unfortunate and had a shorter life than humans. I regret that I could have done more for you.

Will this regret not go away? If it won't go away, how can I make use of this in my future life? If you just cry with regrets, your dog will suffer too.
I want to use this regret for the future.
I don't like it because I'm crying and can't sleep, I can't afford tomorrow, and it seems like I'm going to have regrets about my work and family.

How can we look forward?

3 Zen Responses

To that end, there is a memorial service.

Hello.
I read about parting ways with my precious pet dog and the feelings of regret that followed. “At night, my memories suddenly come back to life and I can't sleep”... it's a very human appearance.
Actually... in Buddhism, that feeling is called “affliction,” but it's not simply a bad thing. This is because deep love and kindness lie behind regrets and obsessions. The fact that you think “I wanted to do more for you” is proof that we have taken it so seriously. Please, first accept the weight of your own love without denying it.
However, if you just repeat those thoughts in your heart, your suffering will deepen. Therefore, in Buddhism, it is important to create a “place to take it with you” called a memorial service.
They offer flowers, walk along a walking path they liked, and say “thank you” to photos. Any small act is fine. When the feeling of crying “sorry” changes to a time to pray “thank you,” regret slowly changes into the form of love.
And one more thing. Your love for your deceased child is your kindness itself. Please direct that kindness to those close to you now. If you have a chance to say “thank you,” please say even small things. Whether it's a family member or a supermarket clerk.
What my dog left behind is “the power to love.” Handing over that power to the next relationship will be the best memorial service for that child.

Even in my regrets, there were a lot of happy times I've cherished

Your dog has passed away, hasn't it? You've been very concerned about it since the last question. The time to break up has come... It's sad, and I feel lonely every day.

There's no shortage of regrets, right? If you do it this way, feelings will overflow. It's because they have a strong relationship and deep feelings that they have an inseparable obsession with their pet dog, and they can't forget it, right? I've lost an important presence, so that's a natural feeling. Also, since the space we used to live together is still there now, it's natural to remember it. If you notice it, you'll probably only think about your dog.

There is no conflict. There is no healing.
You probably had a pet dog in your life. I also feel like my life has changed.

I'm sure there were many happy times that I cherished, even in the midst of my regrets. I think there are still a lot of painful feelings, but let's talk about our beloved dogs in Hasunoha in this way and remember them.

That kid is right by your side. I think someday the day will come when I can cherish and support my memories while feeling that way.

There is also a bereaved family meeting for those who have lost their pets, so attending may change your feelings. While doing so, let's connect to various places (including Hasunoha).

I pray from the bottom of my heart.

I read it.
I read that you are deeply saddened by the passing of your precious puppy. I don't know the details about you or that child, but your feelings of sadness and regret are very conveyed. I understand your feelings from the bottom of my heart.
As you said, I don't think my feelings for that child will ever go away.

Please express your feelings for that child from the bottom of your heart to that child. And please pray with all your heart that the child will be at peace from the bottom of your heart. We wholeheartedly agree
I also pray with all my heart that that child will be at peace from the bottom of my heart. We wholeheartedly agree
That child will be gently guided by the Buddha and God, and people close to you will gently welcome that child. You will be at peace from the bottom of your heart under the Buddha and God, and together with your ancestors, you will attain Buddhism cleanly and successfully.
And that child will continue to watch over you kindly.

That child met you and everyone through a strange relationship, and lived every day happily while being loved by you and everyone. And then he gave up the life he was given.
I'm sure they will continue to love you and appreciate you from the bottom of their heart. The relationship between you and your child will continue forever from now on.
Please continue to take good care of that child from now on.
Please tell that kid exactly what you think. That child will kindly accept all of your thoughts.

I sincerely pray to the Buddha, God, and ancestors that you will continue to cherish your relationship with that child, and that you will always be gently watched over by that child and that you can live a healthy and fulfilling life with everyone.

And one day, when the Buddha or God will guide you and welcome your ancestors, and I will sincerely pray to the Buddha, gods, ancestors, and children so that they will take your ancestors and welcome you as soon as possible. Shishin Gassho Nanmu Amida Buddha Namu Amidabutsu