hasunoha

Anxious about the future and loneliness are painful

This is my first time consulting. I'm sorry if this is random.

Currently, I have two problems.

① About work
I've been working as a designer since this year. Thankfully, the work environment is very good, and I learn a lot every day.
However, there are many applications for design positions in the field they really want to do, only people with practical experience, and they are currently working for companies that specialize in other fields.

I'm also thinking about changing jobs to fields I really want to do in the future, but my current company doesn't have many opportunities to hire young people, and they are carefully nurturing them while putting a heavy load on them. So I'm worried that changing jobs in a few years will be unjust.

② About friend relationships
My friends, who are very close, will each move far away next year (to get a job).

When I was job-hunting, I decided on my career path thinking that my close friends would also stay in this area (I felt like about 1 person would go far away), so now I think “I think there was an option to gather courage and get a job in another region.”

Also, since those friends are gone, there is loneliness and anxiety that there will be almost no one to play with casually.
I also feel that making new friends is a hurdle.

These two worries overlap, and I am suffering from a vague sense of anxiety and loneliness about the future.

I would be happy if you could give me a way of thinking that would lighten your mind even a little bit, or give me tips for living a positive life.
Thank you for your support.

3 Zen Responses

Don't be afraid of change and look straight ahead at the path you should take

Thank you for your consultation. Anxiety about the future, loneliness, and feelings that make my heart feel tight have been conveyed very well. I would like to talk about the two concerns you have raised from a Buddhist perspective.

First of all, the reason why you are worried that “changing jobs will be unjust” at work is because you are a sincere person. But don't worry about it at all. Make moving towards your goals a top priority. Studying hard at my current workplace and contributing in my daily work is sufficient in itself to return the favor. Securing and retaining human resources is a mission that the company should take on, and you should not hesitate to sacrifice your own future.

Next, let's talk about anxiety about friends going far away. This suffering stems from the “obsession” of “not wanting to lose” the relationships we have been blessed with until now. In Buddhism, there is a teaching called “impermanent behavior.” It is a natural law that all events, both people and the environment, are constantly changing. They get together because they have a relationship, and then go their separate ways according to the relationship. This is by no means something to be pessimistic about, and by letting go, new relationships will always be formed again, and wonderful relationships will be built.

Don't be afraid of change and look straight ahead at the path you should take. I'm rooting for your future path.

Worship
Engiji Temple Shakujo

Thank you for your consultation. It's because you're working so hard in your first environment that you're fluctuating between your appreciation for where you are now and your anxiety about the future.

Why don't you think about “returning the favor” rather than “unrighteousness” when it comes to work
It has long been said, “Three years on a stone.”
Even if you change jobs in the future, doing a job that makes you think “this person was really helpful” during the period you are enrolled will be the greatest return to the favor. Now that you're enrolled, you should try hard at work.
It's not unreasonable to leave with overwhelming results as a professional.

Also, in life, experiences in other fields that seem like a detour at first glance often later turn into “unique strengths.” Why don't you decide that you'll perfectly absorb skills that can only be learned in your current environment.

I can't measure the loneliness of my friends going so far away.
But it's better not to spare the “choices you didn't choose” before.
The regret of “if I had done this at that time” makes me stop thinking. You are also in the midst of the “challenge” of establishing your own roots in this place.

Certainly, it's sad that fewer people can play casually, but you can also think of it as more time you can immerse yourself in “what you're really interested in.”
Surprisingly, it may be a valuable nourishment for designers to look within and deepen their sensitivities.

First, “With your current job, why don't you make small goals right in front of you, such as acquiring skills that are second to none?
In the future, when you go down the path of design you really want to do, the day will always come when you think “I'm glad I worked hard at that time” or “I was born because of that lonely time.”

You're probably working hard enough honestly, so please have more faith in your own choices.

May you continue to grow

I read it.
I read that you are very anxious and worried about your work and friends. I don't know the details about you, your work, or your friends, but I feel like I understand your feelings. I understand your feelings from the bottom of my heart.
I'm sure you're very thankful that you've carefully taught me about the work, and if you think so, let's continue to receive firm guidance from now on, improve our abilities, and contribute to the company.
Then consider whether to change jobs. I don't know the details, but there are ways to stay as a mid-level player, and there are also ways to challenge new fields. Or there may be cases where you freelancing and venturing out into a new world.
There will probably be various encounters and opportunities as you gain experience in the future.
Your relationships with your friends will also change drastically in the way you aspire to live. Maybe it's possible that you'll go abroad because of what you do in the future.
Each of them is living their own lives well, so please cherish your once-in-a-lifetime encounters and live with everyone.

I sincerely pray that you will continue to be blessed with wonderful encounters and experiences and grow healthily, that you will continue to live a fulfilling day, and that you will continue to cherish your relationships with everyone and live a rich and happy life.
And I wholeheartedly support you.
Please do your best!