hasunoha

About helping at the temple

It hasn't even been a year since I got married at the temple.
I've been there 2.3 times until now, but will I visit the Taise Gakikai next time? I'm going to do it.

I think this kind of help will continue to increase, but is it better to bring a souvenir every time? What's better?

I'm a person who grew up in an ordinary household, so please let me know if there are any other things I should be aware of.

3 Zen Responses

Please make offerings to the Buddha within reasonable limits

I read it.
You're going on a tour of another temple's Sega Ki Kai, aren't you? I think that's a very good thing. Please take a look and experience the various things and use them as a reference.
I think it's okay to bring sweets etc. with okimochi. There is also a degree of familiarity between temples, so let's keep it to the extent that it's not an excessive burden and give it to the temple.
And there, too, you'll be able to learn a lot firsthand.
I sincerely pray to the Buddha, gods, and ancestors so that you can have various encounters and experiences and improve your skills in the future, so that you can be blessed with many relationships with the Buddha and live a fulfilling everyday life with everyone. We wholeheartedly agree

First, please ask the chief priest.

First, please ask the chief priest. It also depends on local customs and the way of thinking of the temple on the other side, so there is no such thing as “always doing this is the right answer.”
There is a complete difference between a greeting from a temple to a temple and a case of greeting from a temple family member to a temple family, so please ask the chief priest carefully.

They ask everything from the chief priest and teach them positively. That's the shortest route.

What kind of help do you mean by helping?
Are you helping the temple where you got married? Do they live together?
Also, are you going to help visit other temples?
The meaning of “help” is difficult to understand. If it's a tour, it's more about praying than helping.

If you're helping out at the temple where you got married, you're no longer a customer, but a family member, so ask your husband, the chief priest, or mother-in-law who became your family. Why don't you bring something you like without thinking too hard about it as a souvenir every time?

Also, if you can go to another temple, the other party will receive an offering (souvenir) from the chief priest, so be sure to ask the chief priest.

There are differences in temples and purposes, and there are various ways to socialize depending on the temple. So it's best to have your husband or chief priest ask you anything.
Please teach me in a positive way. That's the shortest route.