hasunoha

I don't want to think about college entrance exams

Recently, my burnout has been so bad that I haven't been able to study at all.

Until a year or two ago, I thought it would be fun to study and achieve results.
I used to go to the school study room every day, and I studied from morning till night.

However, I've been feeling really depressed for the past few months, and I'm doing my best to complete my homework.
I can't get it into my head even when I read the reference books.
Anyway, studying is painful, and I am struck by the urge to run away.
I feel depressed every time I gather information about university entrance exams.
It's also hard to go to a cram school thinking that you won't be able to pass the school of your choice anyway.
I can and can't go to summer school classes.
I feel sorry to wonder why I am the only one who looks so depressed and miserable even though the kids around me are doing their best.

However, for some reason, people around me gently snuggle up to me, so on the contrary, I feel sorry.

I've talked to my homeroom teacher a few times, and they understand my current situation, and they gently snuggle up to me so as not to overdo it.
I wonder why they are kind to bad debts like mine.

My parents didn't say anything to blame me either.
In particular, my mother encourages me to “do my best at my own pace” and “just being able to go to school is enough.”
Even though it makes me feel frustrated, I feel thankful and sorry for not showing it at all.

Originally, my perfectionism was terrible, and I kept blaming myself if I didn't reach my ideals through tests etc. I didn't have any talents, so I thought I'd at least be able to study...
I don't even understand why my sense of self-affirmation is so low.

It's a disorganized sentence, but I would be happy if you could answer it. Thank you for your support.

6 Zen Responses

There is also a possibility of poor mental health

There is a possibility of poor mental health if you are no longer able to enjoy what you have enjoyed until now, if you don't feel motivated, or if you can't get into your head even after studying.
It is not a theory of guts or mentality, and there is a possibility that the brain and nerves are in poor physical condition.
For example, if you don't bathe in the sun, vitamin D will not be produced, and the risk of mental health problems will increase due to insufficient ingredients in the substance called serotonin.
Avoiding the reversal of day and night and basking in the sun is not a matter of mentality or morality; it is physically important.
There is no need to blame yourself for not being able to do your best.
However, there may be a reason why I can't do my best, so I'm going to search for the cause.
Once, psychosomatic medicine or general internal medicine is fine, so I think it's okay to consult with a medical institution.
If you can't do your best, there may be a reason you can't do your best.
If you change the cause (for example, daily life or eating habits), there is a possibility that the results will also change.
Instead of blaming yourself on the dark clouds, unraveling the causal relationship between cause and effect may be useful for your future life.
Furthermore, delusional distractions about the past, the future, oneself, and others, and falling into an imposing circle of thoughts amidst the same information can cause stress.
There is still not much difference in the answer to the problem of not being answered even if you think about it for 10 minutes in the current information, even if you think about it for 10 hours.
In such a case, it is better not to think about it again until new information comes in.
If you think for 10 minutes and don't solve it for 10 hours, that's the risk of getting sick.
Let's stop being delusional, distracted, and reckless.

Slowly and without being impatient, look back at your own original hopes and characteristics

Thank you very much for your consultation. In the midst of suffering every day, you often gathered up your courage and confided in it. Let me talk a little bit about it from a Buddhist point of view.

You described yourself as a “bad debt,” but from the Buddha's point of view, your value never changes no matter what state you are in. The reason why your parents and teachers are kind and close to you is not a “condition” of grades, but because they value your “existence.” This is the same as the heart of “mercy” in Buddhism. Please don't feel sorry for that kindness and try to honestly accept it as “I'm thankful.”

Perfectionism and a low sense of self-affirmation are born from a strong obsession with “this must be the case.” The assumption that “at least study” binds you. The reason you feel that you don't really understand yourself may be because you only looked at your ideal self, looked at your life-size self, and had few opportunities to acknowledge them.

Now that your mind has stopped, why don't you think for a moment about “why do you go to college in the first place?” Is it for future work, to deepen education, or for an educational background? What is certain is that passing the school of your choice is not the value of life. In this day and age, there are many people who live their own way with their abilities even if they don't have the title of educational background.

The period when “studying is out of reach” is a sign that the mind is looking for rest, and many high school students experience it. In Buddhism, it is called “various actions are impermanent,” and the current painful state will not last forever. There's no need to worry too much. Don't force yourself to run now, and while being spoiled by the warmth of your surroundings, slowly look back at your own original hopes and characteristics without being impatient.

Worship
Engiji Temple Shakujo

College isn't the only way to live

I read it.
I read your thoughts. I don't know the details about you, but it really conveys your painful feelings. I understand your feelings from the bottom of my heart.

I feel like I can understand that you would think that. Maybe it's natural for you to think so. Studying must be very difficult, and it can be nothing but pain.

Nothing is perfect. College isn't the only way to live. College life is only temporary. Your life will expand even further beyond college. So maybe you don't need to go to college separately.
When you leave university, you will certainly have an advantage in getting a job, and your options and future will expand as you learn what you want to apply for. But that's only one factor. The future beyond that is very important.

Or maybe you can only do what you're studying now. What I'm learning now is just basic knowledge. Studying isn't perfect either. Conversely, if you go out into society, you'll learn a lot more. What lies ahead is the reality of life. Right now it's like a rehearsal. If so, I think it's okay to learn more easily. There's no need to burn out there.

You have a real future ahead of you, and there will be so many encounters waiting for you.

I think it's okay to go out for a bit and change your mind. Our countryside is close to mountains. If you ride a bicycle for a bit, there are beautiful mountains, nature, and fresh fields, and very clean water flows. Please try to change your mind by touching such nature. Realize that your future is unfolding before your eyes. That's because you're the protagonist.

I sincerely pray that you will face the future and grow peacefully and healthily, and that you will be blessed with many encounters and relationships in the future and that you will be able to live a truly fulfilling life every day from now on. And I will support you from the bottom of my heart. We wholeheartedly agree

It's also important to stop in life

You may be burnout, as you yourself acknowledge.
If you've been going to the school study room every day since your first or second year of high school and keep studying from morning to night, it's natural for you to be short of breath.
The reason your homeroom teacher and parents are kind is probably because they've been watching you work hard for a long time.
Right now, I recommend taking a short break to refresh your mind and body.
Then, think carefully about what you want to do when you go to college.
“It's fun to study and achieve results” and “I did my best because I didn't have any strengths, so I thought I wouldn't be able to study at least” may apply until I was in high school, but one day I hit a wall.
You can never beat those who work so hard to make their dreams come true.
The slump you're currently in may be an opportunity to notice that and take a fresh look at your life.

Please contact us, Kanami.

Studying for college entrance exams has caused you to get burnt out, haven't you?

I've been studying from morning till night, but I've been doing my best to complete my homework for the past few months due to my depressed mood.

I think we've run out of capacity.

I think I need a little rest.

Life is long, and once the entrance exam is over, employment, employment is over, marriage.
Once the marriage is over, raise children.
Nursing care when child-rearing is over.

... and... that's why there have always been hurdles.

If you keep the axis wandering around and want to hit the hurdles of the world, the strings in your heart will break in a jiffy.

There was a saying that I was happy when the results came out.
After that, they said it became difficult.

I think I'm lucky, even if I just notice that pain now.

The feeling that it's hard is for me.

Especially now, yes next, yes next,

They try to make them spend their lives in too much of a hurry.

Children are exhausted after being put on a conveyor belt.

No, no, then everyone's souls will be taken.

It doesn't matter if you don't take the entrance exam in one go.

I'm 27 years old and I went to college.

There's no need to be impatient.

Please take your own pace!
Because now is exactly that chance.

Kanami's life belongs to Kanami.

You don't have to worry about the kids around you.

Don't talk about bad debts to yourself who is working hard.

Take a break from perfectionism and try to relax a bit.

If you only care about people's eyes, your sense of self-affirmation will drop.

Once, forget your surroundings, arrange things you like, and play around.

Please notice the awesomeness within Kanami with your whole body.

If you don't know how to do it, let's think about it together.

There are many ways to get to what you want to do.

Is this really a frustrating feeling? I don't think the people around you judge you based on your academic ability alone. No matter what state you are in, they love and support you just the way you are. It's not an expectation of entrance exams; it's about wanting to walk through your life together.

So don't overdo it and don't push yourself. No matter what path you choose or how you walk, you are necessary and they take care of you.
I'm too lonely to call myself a bad debt. That's because you're a special person.

It was a fun time studying and achieving results. From there, the hurdles at the school of choice and the pressure of deciding whether to pass or fail may have become a heavy pressure.

There isn't just one choice. Why don't you change the school you want to apply to or draw a broader vision for the future? There are many ways to get to what you want to do. You can go at your own pace, as your mother says.