hasunoha

About choosing not to have children

It's almost been 1 year since we got married. People around me ask me about pregnancy and birth plans, but to be honest, I'm really worried about whether I should have children.
There are a few reasons.
First of all, I'm extremely anxious. There were times when I left feeling unwell for a while and was hospitalized. Since then, I've become very sensitive about my illness and my husband's illnesses and injuries. I'm worried even a little bit, and I look up the name of the disease and how to treat it. I feel like if I had children, I would probably think and worry about everything about them all day long.
Next is my husband.
My husband's hobby is collecting clothes and shoes, and he doesn't like anyone other than himself to touch not only his precious clothing, but also comics and game consoles. Once we have children, I think it will take time for them to understand what I said, and if I touch or break them, my husband will get angry even when dealing with children. I'm worried about that.

My husband and I also talked about choosing not to have children. At the beginning of our relationship, my husband talked about wanting children, but as we lived together, we experienced the difficulties of living alone and fights with me, and now he is reluctant to have children.
My parents aren't against not having children. They understand that this is a time that is different from our own, and that the future is uncertain.

However, I'm sure I'm envious that my friends and those around me have started raising children. Also, there are a lot of entertainments now, but as we get older, we wonder what we will live for entertainment, and whether there is a purpose in life other than raising children. Anyway, I'm worried about the future. I'm very uneasy about whether choosing not to have children is really a good choice for me.

Also, my husband is much older than me, so I think it's about 1.2 years until I think about giving birth.
As a result, thoughts like extra impatience come to mind.

I'm sorry for the long sentence. Thank you for taking the time to read this far.
We look forward to hearing from you.

4 Zen Responses

Please consider it carefully

I read it.
You're really worried about what to do with having and raising children. I don't know the details about you or your husband, but I feel like I understand your thoughts very well. I understand your feelings from the bottom of my heart.
When I think that, I think only anxiety comes to mind. On the other hand, anxiety is inherent in life. Whether you, your husband, or have children or not, you have anxiety.

I think there's also an option for you and your husband not to have children. Each person has their own life, so you have the freedom to choose how you want to live your life.

Having children is an option. If you have children, there are advantages to having them, there are joys, and there are times when you have a hard time. Naturally, there are times when you regret it.
Conversely, there are advantages to not having children, and I think there are also disadvantages. There are times when I regret very much later why I didn't raise my child.

Don't be in a hurry, and please take your time to think about the future. Please consider it carefully, too, my husband. Also, let's consider it carefully as a couple. And please decide for yourself as a couple.

I sincerely pray that you and your husband will face the future firmly, respect each other, share your happiness from the bottom of your heart, and survive. We wholeheartedly agree

The answer lies deep in Hotaruhi's heart.

Please contact us, Mr. Hotaruhi.

One year has passed since they got married, and people around them ask about their pregnancy, but they say they are very worried about whether they should have children.

You've left feeling unwell for a while and were hospitalized, right?

I understand very well how it feels to be extremely sensitive to illness and injury when you have such an experience.

Your husband's hobby is collecting clothes and shoes, and he doesn't like anyone other than himself touching them, right?

If your husband is also reluctant to have children, and your parents have no objections to a life without children,

I think I'm happy enough even if I live my life as it is now.

Anxiety about what they will live for entertainment in the future, and anxiety about childcare if they have children.

I understand it very well.

With all this, anxiety may not go away until you actually become pregnant and have a baby.

There are also cases where children can drown out that anxiety.

If I just think about it in my head, I'm going around in a daze.

Also, when people set a deadline, they tend to be more impatient and focus on making choices.

Why don't you go back to square one time and think about whether your husband really wants children?

If you really want it from the bottom of your heart, your own anxiety may naturally slowly disappear.

Release everything about what you have to do once and let go,

What what do you want to do. Please switch to and carefully face the feelings within yourself and the feelings of what you want to do.

There will definitely be an answer.

The right desires and the right love can also change the environment.

If a child is born, that child will make mom and dad grow up.

There is also such a thing.

It doesn't matter if you take it slow.
This is an important and important time.

Once you put your anxiety on the shelf, what should you do to make yourself the happiest?

Please listen to it in your heart.

Life is inexperienced. The presence or absence of children does not mean that anxiety goes away

Whatever life choices you make, you'll experience hardships, joy, and happiness. This is because humans want to live that way, and they strive to live.

presence of children. It certainly comes with a huge responsibility, doesn't it? I'm grateful to my parents and the people around me that I was raised in this way. Since I'm in a position to think in this way, I wonder how many wishes and feelings they put on me because they had anxiety and didn't go free-spirited. Parents also have a sense of respect, don't they?

So I wonder if it's impossible after all? It's your way of life, so I think it would be nice if you could go the way you want.

What I can say from my standpoint is the magnitude of what the presence of children has given me. The joy of being called a mom. Various child-rearing support. I'm surprised how important things and things I want are changing.
There are people who have experienced pregnancy, childbirth, and childcare. If you have any concerns, just listen. The teachings of experienced people are encouraging.
The ability to think about how to avoid being touched by children before getting angry at them. It also makes my husband grow up.

Every single thing in life is unexperienced. The presence or absence of children does not mean that anxiety will go away. What is important is whether the couple is a partner they can think and overcome together.

Children don't let their lives get bored

I'm not in a position where I should have children at any cost, but I happen to have children, so I'll tell you about the merits of having children.
If only two couples live for decades to come, there are only a few couples who will always be lovey-dovey.
Life also gets into a rut.
However, when there are children, parents can also re-experience youth while accompanying their child's growth.
My wife goes to an izakaya with her mom's friend, talks about high school student Koibana, laughs, and comes home.
Children's club activities are also an easy youth experience because you can enjoy winning and losing games even if you don't do strength training yourself, just by listening to the story.
Also, once children are in middle school, it is very reliable to have young people in their homes who are familiar with the latest trends.
Also, I myself provide support for procedures, shopping, and going to the hospital after discharge when my parents are hospitalized.
I also have children, so there is a high possibility that children will help me in the future, and when I think that children will run to buy pajamas, I think I can count on them.
So, if you have children, I think there are advantages of being able to re-experience youth and having more reliable families.
The period during which a child is a child is a young person can be relied upon is longer than the period during which a child is a child.
Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to any choice, but I'll report it as someone who knows the merits.