hasunoha

Why is there pleasure in violence?

I'm a 33-year-old man. It is said that violence and murder are prohibited, so why did God give pleasure to violence?
I used to bully me when I was in middle school. I'm reflecting on it now, but I think it was fun back then.
There was a spider that had plucked the dragonfly's wings and attached its nest to the dragonfly I had caught earlier, so I gave it as food. Being 33, you might think they're doing something like a hungry ghost, but it was fun.

They say violence and killing aren't good, so why is bullying the weak so fun? And why does violence feel good?

Why did God give pleasure to violence? Is God the devil?

4 Zen Responses

Bullying and violence is a crime

I read it.
Thank you for your question.

This is because violence and killing are instincts of our living beings.
Since time immemorial, we have been living under a diet where the weak eat the strong to survive. There must have been sincere joy when they targeted, killed, and eaten various prey in order to survive.
When people fought and destroyed other villages and became strong people, they probably rejoiced along with their friends.

It is engraved in our hearts in our memories of the past. I think there were times when I was very amused by tearing off the feathers of the dragonfly I had caught and bullying the faint hearted kids around me.
However, such ruthlessness is unforgivable. Unnecessarily killing or committing misdeeds such as bullying is a serious crime. If you do such a foolish thing, you are hurting your own heart.

It's a bit off topic, but those in power, such as America and Russia, are committing acts of violence and misdeeds under extreme power. All such things are sinful. The Buddha or God did not instil violence or desire. Buddha and God will never forgive such sins.

A famous poem by my local poet Mitsuo Aida

If we talk too well, we don't share enough
If we get along well, it's easy if we share
If we talk well, we are happy if we share
If we talk bad, if we share our dissatisfaction, we appreciate it
If we talk well, if we share the war, peace
If we talk to each other, hell, if we share it, paradise
There is such a thing.

The Buddha and God teach us true good deeds and how to live a good life.

How about you?

I sincerely pray to the Buddha and God for the future so that you can do good thoughts, words, and actions without such malice, words, and misdeeds, and live a rich, good life from the bottom of your heart. We wholeheartedly agree

What gives pleasure to violence is not God, but my own delusion

This is not because some god gave pleasure to violence, but because human delusions illusion that people receive stimulation obtained by violence as pleasure.
It's not violence itself, and I'm getting pleasure from my own state of being in a situation where I commit such violence.
I get pleasure from self-love delusions such as “Oh, I'm in a superior position to someone I haven't retaliated against” and “Oh, I have the power to take the lives of insects in this way.”

Detective Umeki's words

Thank you very much for your consultation.

Why did I become like this?
Why do we find violence fun?
Is it the environment you grew up in?
Is it human instinct?
Did God give you that kind of feeling?

I think it's important to think about why.
However, understanding the reason and being allowed to do that act are different things.

While I was reading the contents of the consultation, I remembered a scene from a drama I had watched a long time ago.
This is the content of the first episode of NHK's “Limit Detective Scene 2.”

Detective Umeki in this drama
“Hey, you were just afraid to move on to a strong guy. So they chose weak people and stabbed them to death. That's all,” he says.

Why is “bullying the weak” fun?
Is that violence itself?

Is it a feeling of being able to control something weaker than yourself?
Is it something your opponent can't resist?
Does it cause strong stimulation to the body?
Is it watching your partner suffer?

I think it's okay to take a closer look at that for yourself.

And in the same scene, Detective Umeki
“While we're alive, we sometimes meet people we hate so much that we want to kill them. But they also say, “You can't kill normal people, you can't kill them.”
There is a gap between anger or desire to attack and actual action.
What to do in the meantime...

And Detective Umeki

“Stay strong and fight, too, if you're human!”

I say it.

I would like to convey this phrase “stand still” in the content of this consultation.

What I felt was fun itself is an emotion that has already happened.
But whether or not they do it next time is another matter.
If you feel that it's hard to stop on your own, I think it's also necessary to talk to someone about it.

It could be a family member, someone you trust, or an expert.
Don't just hold it inside; make brakes outside too.

And one more thing.
In the drama, the victim's father meets the culprit.
There, for the first time, the culprit is confronted right in front of him that the person he hurt also had a family, a life, and a life.

I don't just look at the pleasure I felt; what happened on the other side because of that pleasure?
I think we need to watch that together.

I was reminded of a scene from this drama.
What do you think when you read Detective Umeki's words?
And how do you feel?

Once you know about pain and suffering, you will feel foolish and afraid.

Violence was a pleasure, wasn't it? Probably because I felt the happiness of living according to my own desires with joy. However, once you know pain and suffering, you will stop feeling pleasure from violence, and you will feel the weakness, piety, foolishness, and fear of your own use.

I think that violence has made me stronger, and I feel like I am superior and superior to others. Such assumptions and illusions give me the pleasure of feeling good.

However, those around them look at such people with contempt and anger. They will be perceived as dangerous people, and people will distance themselves and become socially isolated.

The person who raised you up to this point is not God. What have you seen and felt, and what kind of environment have you been influenced by? It becomes one's own actions and actions.