hasunoha

It's painful

Hello, I'm a nursing facility nurse who is currently on leave of absence due to customer harassment. Actually, there are residents who have quite a few problems, and they don't have dementia, have had their leg amputated due to diabetes, and they have come all the way from the south of the prefecture to the city where their son is. Anyway, they bully other residents, use violence, and retire from a facility in the southern part of the prefecture. Moreover, the staff and our nurses who have come all the way from Myanmar have also been harassed, and many of them have quit and become mentally ill. The boss at the facility didn't even let them retire for fear that capacity would be split, but it was a demonstration. Residents who have been bullied are driven to the 3rd floor where there are only rooms, and residents with that problem are made to live just like on the 2nd floor where there is a Dee Room where events can be held, and let them do whatever they want. Even though it's just management difficulties, and the turnover rate is high... so the question is, I'm also currently on leave of absence due to mental illness, getting a medical certificate from a psychiatrist. Even so, they insistently call me from work, ignoring people's hearts and saying, “How can you come out?”
For the time being, that person is the deputy manager's knowledge, and although he is the son of the temple, he is a person who doesn't understand the heartache of people who aren't good at it. Should I quit such a job and change jobs to a different facility or clinic? or
Do I have to force myself to return to my current workplace and stay as a punching bag employee? I'm worried. I'm sorry for the disorganized sentence
regards

4 Zen Responses

There are health hazards if overused. There is also a problem with the corporate structure on the facility side.

That's tough. It's a situation where staff and other residents are being sacrificed due to the boss's response, isn't it? They only worry about facility management, and there is a lack of protecting important people. In fact, many people have quit or are getting sick, so it is visible that damage to the environment and health will occur.

In such cases, they are even violent residents, so I think it's okay to issue an exit notice if you can't see them here. If you don't do that and make the staff overuse it, it's probably not just a problem with the residents, but the corporate structure on the facility side. Even if your diagnosis is made and you take a leave of absence, there isn't even consideration. You can't work with peace of mind with this, right?

You are also qualified as a nurse. If you think about changing jobs, I think your mind will also be more stable. Please don't overdo it.

Let's talk about it quickly and end a bad relationship

I read it.
You're wondering if you should go back to such a state. I don't know the details about you, but I understand your painful feelings from the bottom of my heart.

If the facility continues to be in such a poor state even now and human rights violations seem to be occurring, immediately consult with a public institution such as the Legal Affairs Bureau or consult with the competent authority for medical care such as the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, etc., and have them respond. Also, let's stop human rights violations as soon as possible and ask them to improve them.
If there are no improvements at all, I don't recommend going back there. You've just suffered serious damage, so I think it's okay to file a damage report. Also, let's ask you to sincerely apologize and get compensation for the damages. It's a bad relationship for you, let's end the bad relationship as soon as possible.

First of all, I sincerely pray that you can live every day with peace of mind, and that you can live a peaceful and fulfilling life with the support of many people and cherish your relationships. We wholeheartedly agree

And I wholeheartedly support you.

There are also animals that don't get used to humans

I get angry when I think of those residents as human beings.
If you think they are raising animals that are not friendly to humans, it will sound like they are crying even if they complain.
Also, if you connect the past and present with “see you again,” you get angry, so it's better to face it with a fresh feeling every time.
It seems that a Zen monk laughed every time he heard the same gag from an acquaintance, as if he had heard it for the first time.
If you can live “here and now” as a fresh new second without leaving behind the past, you may be able to reduce the anger boost of “that guy again.”
I think that will reduce your stress.

I'm taking a leave of absence now and wait for the right time.

I felt that the essence of the problem was not only with the residents, but rather with the management system on the facility side.

Users are important customers, but that doesn't mean they are allowed no matter what they say or do.

If violence or bullying against other users or abuses against staff are repeated, it is necessary to record the facts as a facility, discuss with the person and family, and take measures to prevent recurrence.

If necessary, clarifying usage rules, and even so, if there is no improvement, I think one of the facilities management is to consider including transition to another facility.

However, as far as I read your consultation,

Rather than dealing with those causing problematic behavior, users who have been harmed are moved.

Even though many of the staff have quit and are mentally ill, drastic measures are not being taken.

Furthermore, for those of you who have received a medical certificate from a psychiatrist and are on leave of absence,

“What, can you come out”

They call me over and over again.

With this, I think it is difficult to say that the management system that protects staff is functioning sufficiently.

And this is the most important part.

The doctor determines that rest is necessary and issues a medical certificate, so please prioritize treatment and rest first.

However, I don't think it's necessary to make an immediate decision to retire.

Sometimes it's better not to rush big decisions when your mind and body are weak.

First, we will recuperate while consulting with the attending physician.

We will also consider ways to reduce the burden of communication from work, such as having it be e-mailed or written instead of a phone call.

And after my physical condition calmed down a bit,

“Does this facility really want to protect its staff?”

“When the same thing happens after returning to work, what exactly will the facility do?”

Please evaluate it calmly.

If nothing changes there, moving to another facility or clinic is not an “escape.”

There isn't just one place to work as a nurse.

Because it's a job that nurses people, even people on the nursing side must not be destroyed.

Note, with regard to violence and customer harassment, the date and time, details, who was watching, what was reported to the supervisor, and how the facility responded thereafter, to the extent possible.

The first thing to do is rebuild yourself.

Why don't you determine if it's really worth returning to work?

Please don't overdo it.